Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

September 16
North tower.
2867083184_d99cbc5201_b.jpg

2867083192_0ca8e863fc_b.jpg

2867083200_b6c8f90d4f_b.jpg

^ Great shot - it's amazing how much of that photo has only just been built in the past few years and how many additional towers are going to crowd that space in the next few years.

I'm loving the perspective from that last posted photo! Density is great too. These neighbourhoods should be great in a few years when all the construction is complete.

I cycled past Murano today, late as usual. I noticed that they have installed two glass panels on the second floor of the north tower. The glass is dark green (very dark green) with what looked like black tree-like designs in them. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Perhaps these are test windows, I have no idea.
If my cold eases up tomorrow I'll try to stop and grab a few shots and post them. This could stir up some very interesting opinions here.
Has anyone else seen this yet?

What, the fact they used dark glass ?? lol

What is the public art component for this project ?

What, the fact they used dark glass ?? lol

What is the public art component for this project ?

There is a sculptural glass component to go along the podium of the tower - I'm not sure if that is what was commented on earlier (no photos posted) or what the actual installation timeline is for the art component.

The glass with foliage looks great. It's dark green, and my guess is next it will be joined by similar orange, red, yellow, purple, and other panels, to go with the coloured "Murano/Burano" scheme they advertised with.

Tomorrow morning I will go and snap a shot of the north tower in its entirety. I found an amazing vantage point that makes it look VERY tall and narrow, and really shows its entire height. Didn't have the D-SLR on me, unfortunately.

I cycled past Murano today, late as usual. I noticed that they have installed two glass panels on the second floor of the north tower. The glass is dark green (very dark green) with what looked like black tree-like designs in them. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Perhaps these are test windows, I have no idea.
If my cold eases up tomorrow I'll try to stop and grab a few shots and post them. This could stir up some very interesting opinions here.
Has anyone else seen this yet?

The 2nd floor podium of the north tower facing west

Balcony glass installation continues on the north side of the north tower. Looking mighty fine

Back