Toronto Motion On Bay Street | ?m | 29s | Concert | IBI Group

Not everyone uses a microwave. I avoid them--not healthy if you read the fine print.

Completely untrue. The only danger is using containers that aren't microwave-safe (i.e. plastics that may melt or break down, potentially leaching chemicals into the food). Microwaves themselves do not alter the chemical composition of food any more than other cooking methods; in fact direct heat cooking that causes charring is more unsafe from a carcinogenic perspective. Quit listening to all the alarmist hippy pseudo-scientists out there.

From Afternoon

8682749368_23af56a014_b.jpg

This and your Yonge/Dundas panos today were good fun. Thanks Caltrane!

Despite it's relative lack of height, I find that this project has done wonders for increasing the sense of density and "endless city" in this part of town. It used to be that when I stood at Yonge & Dundas and looked west, or when I'd be going south on Bay from, say, Elm, the city seemed to suddenly give way to large open skies and empty spaces that created the sensation that you'd discovered the threshold between downtown and the inner low-rise neighbourhoods. Now that the intersection is so strongly hemmed in, when you look towards it, or go past it, you still feel as though you're right in the thick of the city. The new Sick Kids research tower has also helped in that regard.

^ +1. Now if only we can get some proposals for the Greyhound lot and the parking lots N of city hall. There are at least 2 huge parking lots that I can think of at the top of my head.

If we can get a Rental building like this, then why do people rush to buy poorly designed and pathetic glass-falling expensive condos all over the place?

It's shame that probably the best among the lately constructed buildings are rental buildings like this and the one at the city place.

Nice shot.

The biege on Motion works with the biege on Ryerson and Atrium On Bay.

It does, although I was hoping for a brilliant white to really make the framed sections stand out. Nonetheless it has turned out to be quite attractive overall.

^ +1. Now if only we can get some proposals for the Greyhound lot and the parking lots N of city hall. There are at least 2 huge parking lots that I can think of at the top of my head.

And some height behind City Hall. When standing in NPS looking south the city looks magnificent. Went looking north I'm always startled by what I don't see. It's a case of 'where did the city go'? Our big city delights (skyscrapers in this case) should be celebrated, not tucked away/scaled down so we can't see them. I didn't move here to see sky, I came for the big city buildings, packed streets, hustle and bustle, etc.

Last edited:
Great shot of Motion cal, I think it's turned out terrific too.
Re: looking north from NPS, that's kinda' done on purpose.

Back