Toronto Mirabella Condominiums | 120m | 38s | Mirabella Dev Corp | Scott Shields

At least the bottom of this will be lined with retail, so it will bring some animation to this part of the waterfront. The building isn't so bad. I much prefer this to a grey, glass/spandrel box.

At least the bottom of this will be lined with retail, so it will bring some animation to this part of the waterfront. The building isn't so bad. I much prefer this to a grey, glass box.

I am on the fence with the Architecture / design on this one. At one end, I do agree that this is better than other glass boxes (lots of people prefer that), but at the same time I feel (as an Architect) there was room for further development...

Yeah… this is a pretty terrible design overall. Fat towers that should have been slenderer (they should not be larger than 750 m² floor plates, but are around 900 IIRC, while the exterior looks lumpy, stodgy, and inelegant. At least some floors of the garage should have been forced underground as the podium will be massive, with its north wall to significantly increase noise for those living opposite north of the expressway.
Yeah, agreed re: size and noise; but I wouldn't assume that this will be the actual design / colour and / or whether this mural will ever see the light of the day.
The mural will have to see the light of day if it has been designated as a public art component of the project, but it may look entirely different.

Yeah… this is a pretty terrible design overall. Fat towers that should have been slenderer (they should not be larger than 750 m² floor plates, but are around 900 IIRC, while the exterior looks lumpy, stodgy, and inelegant. At least some floors of the garage should have been forced underground as the podium will be massive, with its north wall to significantly increase noise for those living opposite north of the expressway.

The mural will have to see the light of day if it has been designated as a public art component of the project, but it may look entirely different.

1031.64 sq m per tower (average above podium level). XL size for sure

At least the bottom of this will be lined with retail, so it will bring some animation to this part of the waterfront. The building isn't so bad. I much prefer this to a grey, glass/spandrel box.

There is very little Retail ~ 315 sq m.
Just as a size comparison, an average free standing Starbucks is in the range of 140 - 180 sq m

Don't think this has been posted here but there is a material sample board in the latest set of plans, so we have a rough idea of what to expect re: finishes

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 9.58.23 PM.png

Today. Built form looks different from renderings. In renderings the podium has 6 floors. The east and west towers begin on the 7th floor, with a gap in between. As you can see below, the built form is now already 8 floors high with the 9th floor beginning to take shape. There's no gap on the 7th floor marking the separation between the towers.

C7D26D0A-7852-48FD-930B-B51865F69149.jpeg

26BB3FC9-FB07-45E8-8A16-A658770EF79C.jpeg

3B1B08A7-F9AB-4657-8FD1-0CB761937F72.jpeg

Last edited:
Today. Built form looks different from renderings. In renderings the podium has 6 floors. The east and west towers begin on the 7th floor, with a gap in between. As you can see below, the built form is now already 8 floors high with the 9th floor beginning to take shape. There's no gap on the 7th floor marking the separation between the towers.

If you look at the last page, there was a variance approved to increase the podium height.

Back