Toronto Minto Yorkville Park Condos | 75.89m | 25s | Minto Group | IBI Group

The shame of this is not so much that its a terrible proposal, though as other have mentioned, that's a very nice Lettieri.....

But rather, that there is a building immediate to the south, the one that's over Bay St. Station, that is a much better candidate for redevelopment.

Its ugly, it has that ghastly mini-mall in it.

It would get approval for greater height, which would also fit in better closer to Bloor.

And the subway exit to Bay is both un-attractive and too small, this could be modified by a new tower.

I think more than a few office buildings in the Yorkville area are ghastly including the one targeted for redevelopement in this proposal. Not that I think it's a good idea having a 26 storey tower go there instead though. That Letteri is nice though and I and friends have enjoyed more than a few quiet and entertaining nights there watching the endless parade of botoxed, bleached blonde hair, crispy looking people walking by.

Its funny how often people suggest alternative sites for development rather than the one proposed. It is my understanding that a builder needs to own a property before building, they cant simply look around and pick any spot.

Oh, and I agree that the building straddling Bay Station's a prime candidate for redevelopment, too. (It's a weird one; it looks like it was actually designed by TTC staff, or something--transit engineers pretending to be architects.)

This looks a little curvy, perhaps.

Sorry for the flash glare:

5180486696_7e108ee031_b.jpg

Please tell me that's retail at the bottom and not townhouses.

There a reason why you don't want townhouses with this proposal? Considering that just around the corner are numerous houses that have been converted to retail and busesses.

There a reason why you don't want townhouses with this proposal? Considering that just around the corner are numerous houses that have been converted to retail and busesses.

This stretch of both Cumberland and Bellair streets are currently vibrant retail strips and form part of the heart of Yorkville's retail area. How would replacing that with townhomes do anything other than deaden the area?

I think this scale of this might be too big considering the context to the West. New towers on Bay, Bloor and Avenue are great & all, but in the middle of Yorkville they might really alter the village feeling... If all of Cumberland and Yorkville went hi-rise, I think the neighbourhood would lose much of its charm.

Back