Toronto Minto Midtown | 160.01m | 52s | Minto Group | Zeidler

2431418237_f5c3088c02.jpg

I had dinner at the keg there tonight. Nice place but very very very dark and you need a map to find the washroom lol. Was great to see the top of the building nearly finished! Much more complete than in the recent photos.

Mary

I like The Keg but I don't think I'd want to live in an apartment above one

I love BobBob's photo...what an interesting potpourri of roof designs! There's soldier's tower, university college, convocation hall, and the ROM looks like a stealth fighter!

I think the floor right above the Keg and Starbucks is reserved for professional offices, like they did with the south podium where the second floors are occupied with doctors and medical offices

I like The Keg but I don't think I'd want to live in an apartment above one

I think the floor right above the Keg and Starbucks is reserved for professional offices, like they did with the south podium where the second floors are occupied with doctors and medical offices

Where ever the ventilation is, people in that area will be smelling it especially during peak dining hours if their windows are open or sitting on their balcony. The Keg smell can waffle for a few blocks. Very often condo developers won't lease to restaurants or food stores in their retail areas. Plus with food comes an increase chance of bugs and vermin.

Where ever the ventilation is, people in that area will be smelling it especially during peak dining hours if their windows are open or sitting on their balcony. The Keg smell can waffle for a few blocks. Very often condo developers won't lease to restaurants or food stores in their retail areas. Plus with food comes an increase chance of bugs and vermin.

have you been around Toronto much? you wanna count how many condo buildings whether upscale, average or below average with Starbucks, Pizza shops, Tim Horton's or other restaurants in their retail areas?

Have you seen the layout of the podium? I have. The only opening windows for the podium suits are the ones facing the street. Most of the The Keg kitchen will be underneath the swimming pool. Right above the the swimming pool is the courtyard.

Have you been to the Keg? It's not like one of those restaurants in Chinatown you know

Have you seen the Keg over the York St. in downtown where it occupies retail floor for one of the trendy office tower. Are you saying those people working in the entire office smelling The Keg food all day? Wake up! this is not the stone age.

And you do know that even the most upscale condo buildings like the Ritz or Shangri-la will have their own steakhouse and bar restaurants, right?

have you been around Toronto much? you wanna count how many condo buildings whether upscale, average or below average with Starbucks, Pizza shops, Tim Horton's or other restaurants in their retail areas?

Have you seen the layout of the podium? I have. The only opening windows for the podium suits are the ones facing the street. Most of the The Keg kitchen will be underneath the swimming pool. Right above the the swimming pool is the courtyard.

Have you been to the Keg? It's not like one of those restaurants in Chinatown you know

Have you seen the Keg over the York St. in downtown where it occupies retail floor for one of the trendy office tower. Are you saying those people working in the entire office smelling The Keg food all day? Wake up! this is not the stone age.

And you do know that even the most upscale condo buildings like the Ritz or Shangri-la will have their own steakhouse and bar restaurants, right?

Chill! Count how many developments don't have restaurants.

I live a block away from a Keg and I can smell it in the summer 24 floors up. It doesn't bother me personally, I'm simply making an observation.

Nine years ago (the stone age?) I nearly had to sell a new condo I had just moved into because a "Lush" store opened in the retail area. The smell (9 floors up) gave me constant headaches and migraines and I was unable to use the balcony many days (depending on the wind). Thankfully the store didn't last more than 4 or 5 months.

Back