Toronto MaRS Centre Phase 2 | 112.77m | 20s | Alexandria | B+H

from this weekend...

IMG_20121003_185506.png

Really do wish I can like this building, but I can't - as it stands right now, it wrecks the beautiful symmetry of the old TGH complex, and the bulk of the structure is utterly ungraceful. The saving grace is probably the fact that it is using the site more intensely than originally proposed.

AoD

a taller tower maybe 40s like this maybe neat to.. but the more clear sections could have used a slightly more tinted look. but still is a very cool structure. great building.

a VERY pleasant treat indeed! wow the glass on this is just gorgeous. a blend of Four Seasons and RBC cladding... this thing is even more massive than I thought it would be, it's more good than bad though.

beauty.

Yea I feel like I need to retract my earlier comments a little ... this is turning out better then I thought it would. Great !

Knew you guys would turn around. I could see the potential I this since the first bits of reflective cladding started going up.

I wish that they would have stuck with just the reflective glass.

Nope ...

Such a decision would justify my original opinion !

Now you can argue your not a fan of the green tint ... but what makes this project stand out is the contrast (both in texture / reflectivity and the physical separation of the various sections).

The glass looks beautiful, but it is going to cost MaRS a fortune to keep it cool inside come summer. In the first phases, the windows represent about 50% of the wall, but in this building, it's 100%. Also, the building might look a bit cluttered once occupied, as desks/benches/equipment will be lined up along the wall. Enjoy the purity of the look while you can!

The glass looks beautiful, but it is going to cost MaRS a fortune to keep it cool inside come summer. In the first phases, the windows represent about 50% of the wall, but in this building, it's 100%. Also, the building might look a bit cluttered once occupied, as desks/benches/equipment will be lined up along the wall. Enjoy the purity of the look while you can!

right, but then again on the contrary, this thing will be a 20 storey greenhouse in the winter!

Back