News   Apr 23, 2024
 69     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 582     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 409     0 

Toronto Maple Leafs

It's still a long road ahead with many games to be played - I wouldn't assume at all that the stars are finally aligning for a Leafs triumph, even with all those heavy hitters listed above out. Chances are far likelier that they'll find a way to implode along the way.

Out in the west, I have a soft spot for the Winnipeg Jets but they keep finding ways to crap the bed. I hate Vegas so I hope the Oilers can dismantle them. The Stars have a good team so I can also see them going all the way to the finals.

Out in the west, I have a soft spot for the Winnipeg Jets but they keep finding ways to crap the bed. I hate Vegas so I hope the Oilers can dismantle them. The Stars have a good team so I can also see them going all the way to the finals.

Yep, Stars are my bet. Great depth and good mix of youth and vets.

I think it’s going to be a blowout, two more losses and we’re done. Toronto stepped out of its lane and is going to get stomped.

I’d love to see a Canada-only final four. That would be a nightmare for those boosting the league in the US market.

Ah well, at least we won a round for once! Expecting more if just folly really.

I'm backing the Kraken now!

Gary Bettman's worst nightmare
Hmm.... with the Metropolitan Division not including any Canadian teams I suppose a final four Canadian-only Stanley Cup isn't possible. But we can have Ottawa Senators or Toronto Maple Leafs ( both Atlantic Div) beat the Metro Div - ideally a northeast team, like the New York Islanders just to further annoy the team owners below the snow belt.

Then we could have the winner of Winnipeg Jets (Central Div) vs. Vancouver Canucks (Pacific Div) play against either the Leafs or Senators for the Cup. That'll give Bettman his nightmare.

Hmm.... with the Metropolitan Division not including any Canadian teams I suppose a final four Canadian-only Stanley Cup isn't possible. But we can have Ottawa Senators or Toronto Maple Leafs ( both Atlantic Div) beat the Metro Div - ideally a northeast team, like the New York Islanders just to further annoy the team owners below the snow belt.

Then we could have the winner of Winnipeg Jets (Central Div) vs. Vancouver Canucks (Pacific Div) play against either the Leafs or Senators for the Cup. That'll give Bettman his nightmare.
For him, marginally worse than an all-west coast final. Game times for the lucrative east coast market would suck unless they can convince them to play in the afternoon.

Edit: and get networks to air them.

Back