Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

I find it amusing that many people on this site bash people from the 905 so much, and yet they contribute so much to downtown Toronto's restaurants, bars, clubs, sports teams, etc...
But I am not going to start a 416 vs. 905 argument.. Or a K-W argument (I'm from UW). Just saying, any sports bar is gonna get its dirty people, its not just this one, it just happens to be a popular one..

It's best to just ignore EVERYTHING urbandreamer says. He spews out crap from his fingers with almost every post.

Oh let's not get like that :)

I honestly don't think he can help himself.

It's probably a condition or something :p

I love it when artists are commissioned to come up with an artistic aesthetic for building components like Maple Leaf Square's canopy. Ron Baird's science fiction doors to the hydro substation beside Dupont Station are an older but still popular example:

I keenly observe people. Sometimes I hit too close to home.:D I used to be a good shinny player though.

interesting that you are so quick to crap on people from other cities yet are afraid to tell us where you live. Not that I really care - I think I prefer you "on the road".

Remember guys, urbandreamer is an ARTIST. He's EDGY. And BADASS. [/sarcasm] He's rude and stupid for saying things about 519ers and 905ers, but since it comes from him, it really doesn't mean anything at the end of the day... Just ignore him and take his comments with a grain of salt.

Spire is bang on.

And to get back on topic:

UVA_mlsBridge__d.jpg

UVA_mlsBridge__b.jpg

UVA_mlsBridge__c.jpg

UVA_mlsBridge__e.jpg

UVA_mlsBridge__f.jpg

Source

Is the PATH connection via the bridge fully open now? In the dozen or so times that I've tried to access it it's always been locked off

I last walked the PATH connection in August without any barriers..went through the ACC north end, up the stairs and through the foyer balcony behind the big screen, over the pedestrian bridge and through the Maple Leaf Square atrium. Should still be open unless they temporarily blocked off parts of it?

Is the PATH connection via the bridge fully open now? In the dozen or so times that I've tried to access it it's always been locked off

It was initially locked at the ACC for months after being completed, but it was open both times I was down there in the last week, one time during the 9 to 5, and once near midnight.

hearing that the Path will be connected to Longos

Yes, the west extension of PATH will connect Longos to the York Centre (Ãce). PATH already connects on the east side, although it is not wheelchair accessible. PATH will also someday continue south from here to a future 90 Harbour redevelopment via a bridge under the Gardiner, but over Lake Shore.

As Im passing by these building on my drive home every night...Im thinking it would be great to lumiate the top of these two towers.
Does anyone know if this actually might happen? Im noticing most of CityPlace building tops are now luninated at night.

Back