Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

'Mediocrity proclaiming itself'?

How of the moment to be a world-weary cynic. Congratulations.

I don't think that this complex is the greatest of all time either, but then I don't believe it has pretensions of that anyway, so why should it suffer your snivelling remark?

Some pics from last night:

4521025604_ab7632901f_b.jpg

4520391765_09d3782c20_b.jpg

4520394229_ac095a9a19_b.jpg

4521032264_b705721bba_b.jpg

A really cool (IMO) feature is that the esclator inside the front door goes straight down into the Longos which sorta wraps around the bottom of the escalator.

The interior's looking good. I wonder if this area will eventually turn into a real neighbourhood. Will Bremner have any sort of street life?

I'm not sure this place will become a definitive "toronto neighbourhood" like Kensington, Little Italy, or Chinatown. But it will certainly be bustling and energetic. At the very least, tourists will flock here. In five years (?) there will be two new major condos, a large hotel, a revitalized roundhouse park (which I think will be fantastic), and an aquarium. Not to mention the already massive attraction that is the ACC.

Or maybe, it will be a neighbourhood in the way Yonge and Dundas is one, or as Time Square is for NYC.

April 14
They were washing the inside of the plus 15 bridge.
Still haven't finish the roof yet.

Interior shot taken last night. This is taken looking towards the York St. entrance. The lobby is now open and they seem to have opened up the parking garage for event parking now.

4523450886_6de4d3edf6_b.jpg

I think MLS is/will be a smashing success. The attention to detail and quality of execution is really impressive. I just hope the balcony undersides get a coat of paint. (And that Success Tower's roof finally gets finished.) Thanks for the great pics.

Last edited:
The view up from the indoor atrium/mall area will be similar to the one from Brookfield Place I imagine... at night it's awesome to look up in the Calatrava atrium and see two massive towers looming above.

Back