Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

by me... taken earlier today..

4177285494_27535b849f_b.jpg

Dec 12 Visit

Tower 1 has lost it's crane and about to loose the large jib crane for a smaller one. All cranes should be gone by Christmas
IMG_dec-12-09-0199.jpg

IMG_dec-12-09-0210.jpg

Thanks for the news + shots ^^^

It'll be nice to see a crane-free MLS by Christmas... that would be a nice present to us skyscraper enthusiasts...

I always feel sad when the cranes come down because that means the job is essentially done - there's not much to update after that.

Don't be sad!... When the cranes come down it means the project is almost finish and that we'll have 2 sweet skyscrapers on our skyline finally CRANE-FREE!!!.... I always like the finished project best cause it looks better on the skyline (obviously)...

Don't worry... There will still be plenty of updates to go around for years to come... The world isn't over :D!

I'm looking forward to the interior updates for this one. I think the Galleria will be quite nice, and even the hotel suites had a unique design approach, so I'm curious to see how everything turns out

wow!... great overview shot Cal!

This whole area reminds me of Toronto's own "ground zero construction site"!

With all the crane action and the fact that it was vacant just a few years ago!... and the sheer amount of cranes!... truly spectacular for the eye to see!

*that is of course without the former terrorist attacks.. lol!

yes, and you get a good shot at the development at the eighteen york project.. looks to be moving at a rather good clip now, nicely above ground. mls, just waiting on the final crane to come down and the rest of the balconey glass to be installed. This project, was very conservative, when looking at the renderings, but its scale and size give it a true behemouth feeling from ground leveel and when viewed from the distance as well.

I've been trying to keep an open mind about these towers, but the result looks less and less appealing. The glass, especially on the northern tower, looks hideous. It just seems really cheap.

I've been trying to keep an open mind about these towers, but the result looks less and less appealing. The glass, especially on the northern tower, looks hideous. It just seems really cheap.

yeah... i know what you mean... The glass never appealed to me (with the faded greyish/blackish colour.... it looked really old even though it was a brand new tower)... But i do like the concept and planning of this project!... it all looks nice and tall! :)

Back