Toronto Manulife Centre Podium and Streetscape Renewal | 9.75m | 2s | Manulife Real Estate | MdeAS Architects

or how long until we all realise it is actually VERY expensive (though fun, based on the two in Italy I have been to (NYC was simply too crowded!)
I'm sure it will be, but try having a proper lunch for 2 for less than $100 at places such as Terroni on Adelaide.

I doubt the LCBO would allow that, and they have a store downstairs anyway.
Eataly (Canada) is in a partnership with the Westons, and they were one of the big players pushing the government for alcohol sales outside of the LCBO. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me if they did. They (Galen Weston et al.) don’t seem terribly interested in cutting into the revenue of even their own franchisees (see; Bloor Street Market), so I doubt they care much there’s an LCBO two floors down. And Doug Ford will have no problem cowtowing to one of the richest families in the country if they ask him.

Eataly (Canada) is in a partnership with the Westons, and they were one of the big players pushing the government for alcohol sales outside of the LCBO. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me if they did. They (Galen Weston et al.) don’t seem terribly interested in cutting into the revenue of even their own franchisees (see; Bloor Street Market), so I doubt they care much there’s an LCBO two floors down. And Doug Ford will have no problem cowtowing to one of the richest families in the country if they ask him.

87 more wine/beer licenses are due (have likely been awarded quietly already and we're waiting on the presser), about 20 of those will be in the GTA, I'd be very surprised if the Weston's didn't obtain one of those licenses and allocate it to Eataly.

They also have the right under the current system to shift one of their licenses between stores; though it would seem unlikely that they would withdrawal sales from an existing location.

Eataly (Canada) is in a partnership with the Westons, and they were one of the big players pushing the government for alcohol sales outside of the LCBO. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me if they did. They (Galen Weston et al.) don’t seem terribly interested in cutting into the revenue of even their own franchisees (see; Bloor Street Market), so I doubt they care much there’s an LCBO two floors down. And Doug Ford will have no problem cowtowing to one of the richest families largest employers in the country if they ask him.
.. there, I fixed it for you..

The two are not mutually exclusive.

The Westons are the third richest family in Canada with a net worth of just over $13.5B CAD

I did not say it is.. I just accentuated possible other reason for 'kowtowing'..
my centrist sensibilities are sometimes triggered by these not-so-hidden far-left agendas, being displayed on this forum with the assumption that it is somehow 'universal' and shared by all..

I did not say it is.. I just accentuated possible other reason for 'kowtowing'..
my centrist sensibilities are sometimes triggered by these not-so-hidden far-left agendas, being displayed on this forum with the assumption that it is somehow 'universal' and shared by all..
Far-left? The Westons being one of "the largest employers" and one of the richest families has been working for years to reduce their labour costs, by doing things like vehemently opposing any increases to the minimum wage, understaffing stores and forcing self-checkouts on stores (even franchisees!) that don't want it.

If keeping jobs and paying a living wage is "far left", I'd like to see what you think centrist is.

Not a place to argue on simple economics, apologies for this, promise it is my last post on the subject..
but when you jump from 'Ford bad' to some artificially imposed (by politicians of course) 'living wage' levels, to me just shows economic ignorance and acute political bias..
and yes, it is in my book left of centre.. by far..

They don't seem to mind having a sign like that.

Rome.
y9p-1931960.jpg
lp_discover_eataly_rome.jpg

images-1.jpeg

New York
images.jpeg
eataly-nyc-storefront.jpg

Given the location and exposure along Bloor, Eataly should do alright here. It'll definitely take away clientele from Pusateri's and McEwan's though, especially the lunch scene.

Back