Toronto Malibu Harbourfront Condo | ?m | 32s | Malibu Investments | P + S / IBI

couplandsculpture.jpg

I agree this is a appropriate piece that ties in very well with the Fort York history ... the only part that I dislike is the 'fallen soldier' looks like a part of the statue was just pushed/blown down

However, my all time favourite of public art statue is the piece entitled 'Immigrant Family' by Tom Otternesslittle in front of 18 Yonge Street ... I think its much cute-er :)

2748297937_a40502fd19_o.jpg

They're supposed to look like toy soldiers.. hence the guy looks like he's blown over. Note the "seams" along the sides of the soldiers.

Imagine how us American investors feel having that terrorist outside of our building! Homeland Security, where are you?

American investors have money?

Toy Soldiers?

Im not sure why a few people think the Toy Soliders are a great add-on to the building. This building is supposed to take after a stylish, upscale, california like condo! Adding two soliders, one that looks like its been dismantled by and knocked down by mistake, doesnt portray a calming "malibu" atmosphere. I'll admit, I was laughing when i saw those things. I have to agree, the other statues around the city look much better. Not that Im not patriotic or anything, but i think we have enough of
Fort York Around us.

On another note, i've noticed a few people pretty content and happy with the development, but I also read a few posting with people upset. I have to agree with the "upsets." I wouldnt refer anyone to these builders. If anything I'd let them know to be aware and go with someone else. The quality of workmanship is horrible, and the response times on repair requests is even worse. The other day we saw 2 beer cans in a construction area of the condo, by the Pool. No wonder why its taking so long. That's not professional at all.

Bottom line is: they are robbing us of our maint fees and occupancy for horrible workmanship and sub par customer service. Its been over 3 years, and they have yet to register the building and transfer units. yes i understand it takes long, but im sure the process could have been quicker.

P.S the comments in the elavator walls are pretty entertaining. Some left y construction workers I would think. thats real professional. I guess they have time on their hands.

Welcome Blogger#3 to the forum.

I think you need to understand the motivation behind many comments regarding the success/failure of a development.

Although you're absolutely correct that as a resident the quality of the interior workmanship is of utmost importance for us we tend to judge buildings by the look they present to the rest of the world. Typically this entails the built form, the materials used, how it interacts with the street and the neighbor hood in general.

Most of the world will never ever venture inside the building, so it doesn't really matter in that sense. Moreover comments along those lines should be made in the Real Estate thread.

Now regarding your opinion of the stuate - as this effects the rest of the world : - D. I'm not sure I agree, I take it you've seen it in person? Also I don't really understand what you mean when you say we already have enough of Fort York. I think the area is still lacking a certain feel to it that could better represent the fort. Such projects as these help that feel.

It doesn't really look the statute fell down to me either, it's pretty clear that it was done on purpose to make a point. At least to me.

I'm sorry but i have to disagree with this comment....

"Most of the world will never ever venture inside the building, so it doesn't really matter in that sense."

When your paying 100's of thousands of dollars, It better matter how the inside of the building is constructed and completed. As social as I may be, I could really care less about how the building "interacts with the streets" and how the outside world views our condo. You shouldnt be concerned about how other people see our condo, they are not spending money on it, nor do they see it as their home. So Im very surprised that you're not concerned about the inside of the building.

In regards to my comments regarding "enough fort york"...only 5 mins away do we have Fort York, with Canons going off every saturday morning. Trust me I can hear them from my unit. And as mentioned earlier, this is supposed to be a "malibu" style condo portraying a california waterfront lifestyle. Just read the presales description in the brochures if you still have them from 3 years ago. How do toy soliders play into all that? Not too sure.

Im not sure why a few people think the Toy Soliders are a great add-on to the building. This building is supposed to take after a stylish, upscale, california like condo! Adding two soliders, one that looks like its been dismantled by and knocked down by mistake, doesnt portray a calming "malibu" atmosphere. I'll admit, I was laughing when i saw those things. I have to agree, the other statues around the city look much better. Not that Im not patriotic or anything, but i think we have enough of
Fort York Around us.
I'm sorry, but this is easily the stupidest post in the thread.

As social as I may be, I could really care less about how the building "interacts with the streets" and how the outside world views our condo. You shouldnt be concerned about how other people see our condo, they are not spending money on it, nor do they see it as their home.
I don't really see much of a future for you on this board.

And as mentioned earlier, this is supposed to be a "malibu" style condo portraying a california waterfront lifestyle. Just read the presales description in the brochures if you still have them from 3 years ago. How do toy soliders play into all that? Not too sure.

I stand corrected. This is the stupidest post in the thread. If I hadn't read everything else you posted, I'd have a hard time believing you were actually foolish enough to completely buy into the ridiculous marketing for this building. This is exactly equivalent to someone moving into London on the Esplanade and saying, "Not that I'm not patriotic anything, but I think enough people drive on the right side of the road. I tried driving on the wrong side and the police gave me a big fat ticket and 5 demerit points! My condo brochures had pictures of London on them! I'm going to tell everyone I know to avoid this developer."

Back