Toronto M5V Condominiums | 118.87m | 35s | Lifetime | Core Architects

If they could've hung on for another year, they would have had a bunch of people with $5000 each coming through the door. What are you gonna do, eh...

Now that the street-wall is down, you can see into the hole a bit. It is way down there, and since I haven't checked this thread in a while, was quite surprised how deep it is. They were jackhammering away quite busily this afternoon. Must be down to bedrock level already.

OR they could say we gave you the gift certificate xxx months ago and you could have used it during that time ... SOL !

Actually, you were not allowed to use the gift certificate until a certain amount of down payments were made.

UPDATE: I walked by the Fluid Living location and it looks like it is definitely over. However, it looks like the name may have just changed as the furniture inside looks the same as before. I think the owner/designer must still be Roy Banse ( http://www.roybanse.com ) as some of his designs are visible from the window.

It looks like i should email M5V to get the lowdown (though they probably know nothing).

Actually, you were not allowed to use the gift certificate until a certain amount of down payments were made.

UPDATE: I walked by the Fluid Living location and it looks like it is definitely over. However, it looks like the name may have just changed as the furniture inside looks the same as before. I think the owner/designer must still be Roy Banse ( http://www.roybanse.com ) as some of his designs are visible from the window.

It looks like i should email M5V to get the lowdown (though they probably know nothing).

Wow, then that sucks !

Yes, it sounds like you should contact M5V for the 411. Who knows, maybe it's still valid.

Maybe Fluid Living filed bankruptcy and started up again like UpCountry?
I called their telephone and generic Bell message answered ... no personal mesage, no mention of store name, nothing.

Ironically, there was an article in the Toronto Star in November 2008.
http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/article/540042

4 March 2009 photo update

Workers on site today were focusing on the property line this afternoon:

dsc00067ykl.jpg

Did they bottom? Looks like it's nice and even down there. And hella deep. At this rate, the crane can't be far away.

I still think this could be one of the coolest looking buildings in the city, if done with quality. Maybe it isn't ultra-fancy, but at least the glass box motif gets a bit of uniqeness. Shitty-place, are you listening?

Yes, this is Toronto, where all attempts at "spectacle" are greatly resented. (and might even be illegal) Welcome to "Toronto, the good" where displays of exuberance are not appreciated. So, just to be safe, I say, make it all gray. Now get back to work slacker! lol

A few months ago, I had a friend tell me that he heard from a friend, who is a real estate agent, that this project was now cancelled. Walking by the hording a few times I just assumed that work had stopped on the site but yesterday while walking by I noticed that part of the hording was down and when I looked in, I saw men at work, digging away, so obviously work has not stopped on this project. With the economic panic, people are spreading rumors like crazy, including credible sources, that turn out to be complete bull-shit, so don't believe anything you hear, until you see real proof. Stop these tiring rumors. This project is still a go, despite what "reliable real estate agents" have to say.

20March13th-09044.jpg

Last edited:

any updates on the validity of your $5000 gift certificate?

I think this'll be a great addition to the skyline.

I love the building as well, thats why I bought my unit. I have been out of town for several months, and rumors aside, how is the market REALLY doing?? Does anyone know? Do you think these M5V units will hold their pre-construction value by completion date?

Back