Mississauga M1 & M2 at M City | 197.81m | 60s | Rogers Real Estate | Core Architects

Construction hoist coming down at M2.
20230828_143137.jpg

Shot the site today up close for the first time in a few months

The Jib crane has been removed from the roof of M2 from what I could see in the distance.

Lots of exterior work still has to be done, but the sidewalks are now all completed.

A few more retail have open up with another few more been worked on.

Photos to follow and not as many as in the past

This shot makes you wonder if MCC is going to gobble the block of SFHs in the foreground.
I was just about to write a similar comment before I saw your post.

I certainly hope that there will be more dense development in that area. Even the residents of those homes must find it strange that they don't have much privacy in their backyards and the level of traffic around them has increased tremendously. For the M-City units and Burnhamthorpe, I find it equally strange that there is dense development on one side with potential for street interaction and fenced backyards and grass/weeds with zero activity on the other. And a stroad in-between.

I was just about to write a similar comment before I saw your post.

I certainly hope that there will be more dense development in that area. Even the residents of those homes must find it strange that they don't have much privacy in their backyards and the level of traffic around them has increased tremendously. For the M-City units and Burnhamthorpe, I find it equally strange that there is dense development on one side with potential for street interaction and fenced backyards and grass/weeds with zero activity on the other. And a stroad in-between.
Burnhamthorpe is really unfortunate. It is too wide and high volume for the far side of the street to be too relevant for you as a pedestrian because you'd have to be a daredevil to jaywalk.

Burnhamthorpe is really unfortunate. It is too wide and high volume for the far side of the street to be too relevant for you as a pedestrian because you'd have to be a daredevil to jaywalk.
There there a long-term plan from the city to make Burnhamthorpe more pedestrian friendly? I can see a large median with trees in the centre making a difference in at least separating the two different urban landscapes on each side. The abrupt transition makes an otherwise good urban project seem out of place and chaotic.

There there a long-term plan from the city to make Burnhamthorpe more pedestrian friendly? I can see a large median with trees in the centre making a difference in at least separating the two different urban landscapes on each side. The abrupt transition makes an otherwise good urban project seem out of place and chaotic.
Everyone remembers that Toronto the urban utopia has university avenue? These things happen.

Now those SFH. They are another issue and should go from mavis to the pinnacle development.

Anyone know how high pinnacle is going to go directly across the street from M3?

Back