Mississauga M1 & M2 at M City | 197.81m | 60s | Rogers Real Estate | Core Architects

Based on your experience what should it be looking like? glass always seems standard to me - also when do you all think this will be ready for occupancy?
What makes a facade treatment "good" vs "bad" is how the vision glass and opaque spandrel glass are integrated with each other. On a good glass facade, the two should appear almost seamless from a distance. This can be achieved by using high reflectivity glass and using an opaque fill with an appropriate colour to match, such as a darker blue, green, or black, dependent on the tint of the vision glass. What we see on M1 and M2 is the use of a more transparent glass and a white opaque fill for the spandrel. At some angles it looks alright, but the two definitely do not match very well. However, the strength in this approach is that the white spandrel will match the white backsides of curtains in the residential units, which you can see examples of in other buildings nearby, specifically the towers in Parkside Village.

Either way, it won't matter too much since there will be white wraparound balconies on each floor.

Based on your experience what should it be looking like? glass always seems standard to me - also when do you all think this will be ready for occupancy?

It's standard, yes, but it's a low standard. I think glass looks better when the spandrel panels are the same colour as the vision glass. Fewer mullions and transoms would be nice as well. No idea about occupancy.

DJI_0823.JPG

I see them topping out by the end of the year...these aren't super easy floorplates to pour. Also I mean, they still have another near 50 floors it looks.
From what I can deduce, it was taking them 1.5 weeks per floor but they have optimized the process and I think they are doing about 1 floor per week. The spring/summer weather should help too. For M1, they have 46 floors to go so at this rate your guess for end of year topping off sounds very reasonable.

When do you think this building will be ready for occupancy - expected time was August 2021 but doesn't seem like it
Given the fact that they are only at the 12/13 floor with 48/47 more floor to be pour, you are looking at about March 2022 before being top off. The earliest I can see people moving in is about March 2023.

This is based on doing a floor a week and if it taking up to 1.5 weeks, the end of 2023 or about for move in. I was expecting longer timeline for doing a floor since they are not the standard cookie cutter floors. This happen with Absolute towers where it was close to a floor every 2 weeks.

Can't wait until they claim the tallest tower away from Absolute, but will be a short claim until 151 City centre towers take it away and they will only have it a short time until M3 takes it somewhere around 2025.

Last edited:

Back