Toronto Lumiere Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

March 8th Update

I forgot to put these one's up yesterday, photographed on March 8th.

On the top left is a reminder of what this building should look like when complete, except it will have buildings around & behind it and not sit in a brownfield. It's a small rendering but it looks pretty close so far. The building is close to topping out now, I think residential floors are done so just the roof/mechanical to go plus the exterior work which should speed up a bit soon.

Lumiere is turning out mighty fine.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I've got a great view of this building from my bedroom window. I think the back of the building with all the setbacks and all glass looks better than the front. Interior finishes seem to be quite nice as well

I've got a great view of this building from my bedroom window. I think the back of the building with all the setbacks and all glass looks better than the front. Interior finishes seem to be quite nice as well

It looks better than the front of most new highrises. I happened to be by there yesterday afternoon.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Last edited:
thanks for the updates dt ~

I think JayBee was suggesting that Lumiere's rear (west) elevation is better looking than its front (east) elevation facing Bay Street ... which I totally agree ...

I suppose Menkes was simply trying to continue the street wall along Bay Street, hence no terracing / setbacks occured on the east side

JayBee may be correct, but the front looks like it has great promise too. We'll wait and see.

I had thought that Murano was going to be my favourite all-time Clewes building, but based on the render and the consturction so far, this one could cause me to reconsider. Regardless - what a fantastic building, definitely amoung Clewes' best and infinitely better than the other buidlings in the immediate area.

Will the sundeck get much sun?

As I look at the rear of the building - does anyone know which floor the 'sundeck' will be on?

If it is just above the podium, it strikes me that much of the daytime rays might be blocked by the rest of the building, which would seem to be counter intuitive....

As I look at the rear of the building - does anyone know which floor the 'sundeck' will be on?

If it is just above the podium, it strikes me that much of the daytime rays might be blocked by the rest of the building, which would seem to be counter intuitive....

Probably on 15th floor, on which the first set back occurs, and the 2nd set back on 25th floor, but both sundeck are private patios which are not open to public. Disappointed? Wait, they will build a roof top garden on top of top floor. It will be really nice to overlook TO downtown from there with a beer in hand...

Nearly topped out:
4423274417_c95eb8517f_b.jpg

Probably on 15th floor, on which the first set back occurs, and the 2nd set back on 25th floor, but both sundeck are private patios which are not open to public. Disappointed? Wait, they will build a roof top garden on top of top floor. It will be really nice to overlook TO downtown from there with a beer in hand...

Thanks - that will be really nice. However, I was thinking more along the lines of residents using the indoor pool and still being able to pop outdoors to soak up rays in the summer.

From the general construction plan, it seems like the amenities area will be on the third floor - which would lead back to being in shadow pretty much most of the day/year.

Back