Toronto Lower Garrison Creek Park | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

…and here's the response:

"Thank you for writing to the office of Councillor Cressy.​
Fort York and City staff are looking into whether it will be possible to make an interim connection from the Fort York trail along the rail corridor south to Fort York Boulevard near Bathurst Street (around the east end of the Fort), taking into account Metrolinx's operations. My understanding is that there is no way to cross under the bridge until Metrolinx is done with their operation."​

Good news in the Fife & Drum (newsletter of Friends of Fort York. Metrolinx no longer wants this site as a staging area!

" Garrison Creek (on that low meadow just east of the Brock bridge) has been given a breath of life. In a rare bit of happy news from Metrolinx, the transit monolith declared it no longer wanted the site for long-term construction staging – but in the meantime the City had re-allocated the money for the park’s construction. There’s a beautiful design by Marc Ryan of PUBLIC WORK for the site ready to go, but it’s all now into another budget cycle. "

Boom, per Cressy’s newsletter:

I’m pleased to share that the Lower Garrision Creek Park project is moving ahead. Located at the historic outlet of Garrison Creek where it met Lake Ontario, this new park will reinterpret that lost landscape and form a critical link in our local parks system. It is fully funded with $11 million set aside for design and construction. Planning and design for Lower Garrison Creek Park, formerly known as Mouth of the Creek Park, has been in development over the past eight years, including public consultation.

Now that clearance from Metrolinx has been received, construction is expected to begin in February 2023 with the park to open in Spring 2025.

Slow boom. I used to live there when Adam Vaughan was a councillor. He promised it would be complete by the end of the year … that was probably 2013 or so. And then I sat in a planning committee and we made plans. And now here we are with maybe an actual park in site. Amazing. #slowroll

LOL, let's start with this............ :rolleyes:

The City is putting out for a RFQ for companies who may wish to qualify to do the work of building this park, if that bit is ever tendered...........LOL

Really? The City has plenty of experience with contractors, both qualified and unqualified (based on their work), not sure we need another process at this juncture.

1664820058500.png

Last edited:

Back