Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Please enjoy a little fly around the Lower Don Lands on YouTube in 4K.

Thanks again kotsy!
Very nice! As time allows, maybe you can do some footage of the area up the Don north of the Keating Channel towards King St, WT are busy there too and also (I think) there is some (visible) work for Ontario Line.

Maybe you can do some footage of the area up the Don north of the Keating Channel towards King St, WT are busy there too and also (I think) there is some (visible) work for Ontario Line.

Will do. I go out most weekend mornings so I'll do that this coming weekend. Ontario Line construction areas would be a fun one.

Just a few captures from hawc’s fantastic drone video. What I mentioned yesterday about the next structure to emerge southeast of Commissioners and Old Cherry is seen in white. I looked at the plans and didn’t see anything. The other photo is of a staircase leading from a riverside path down to the water made of rough stone. Great feature!

IMG_6556.png
IMG_6555.png

On the subject of what is coming next I propose the following:

1) Opening the plugs to start flooding the riverbed
2) Opening of Leslie Lookout Park
3) PortsToronto report on future of airport, cruise terminal and marine strategy.

On the subject of what is coming next I propose the following:

1) Opening the plugs to start flooding the riverbed
2) Opening of Leslie Lookout Park
3) PortsToronto report on future of airport, cruise terminal and marine strategy.
WT announced a while ago that they are not 'opening the plug' at the south Cherry Street bridge. They will (soon, I think) start pumping lake water into the future river bed and will only pull the plug when the levels are the same. Then, late 2024, they will pull the north plug (at Villiers Street) but by that time the water level on both sides of the north plug will be at 'new river level' so do not expect a huge rush of water - which would (or could) wash away all their careful landscaping.

Last edited:

Back