Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

If there were a section of infrastructure that was continually confusing or injuring pedestrian or cyclists everyone would be talking about how that infrastructure needs to be changed or redesigned.

But when it happens to vehicles....

There's obviously something wrong with the design if it's tripping up this many motorists.

Maybe a few more signs?
I was thinking about you at 1:21 pm today.

IMG_8976.jpeg

12:15 am fireworks traffic. 30 minutes before and 1 hour after.
IMG_8973.jpeg

Taken this gloriously sunny absolutely dreary afternoon through the fence on Commissioners St looking west, south to north. (Edit to add: this was during a run. The weather was actually good for that, though I'd really like to see the sun again!)

South side sidewalk:
1000012653.jpg

Traffic island:
1000012654.jpg

Westbound lane and bike lane:
1000012655.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent shots. Exciting to see it with lighting.

Also just noticed all lane markings are painted on. So fun that one minute it's dirt, the next it's covered with cement, asphalt and lane markings.

I hope old Cherry Street is immediately closed forever as soon as new Cherry opens up.

But I wonder if they'll keep both open for months until bridge is removed.

Excellent shots. Exciting to see it with lighting.

Also just noticed all lane markings are painted on. So fun that one minute it's dirt, the next it's covered with cement, asphalt and lane markings.

I hope old Cherry Street is immediately closed forever as soon as new Cherry opens up.

But I wonder if they'll keep both open for months until bridge is removed.
From the Site and Precinct plans, Old Cherry will remain as a narrower road to serve the properties to east and west of it and link to Villiers. I suspect it will be renamed. Obviously it and Villiers and Munition will be rebuilt and that is planned for 2024. I do not think Villiers will be brought west to New Cherry but I am not sure and too lazy to look it up.

First light ! The new Cherry St. is alight this evening along with the western bridge. The intersection of Cherry and Lakeshore is now highly visible with lighting installed underneath the Gardiner.
Looks like a big honking cargo ship hanging out in the background there...

From the Site and Precinct plans, Old Cherry will remain as a narrower road to serve the properties to east and west of it and link to Villiers. I suspect it will be renamed. Obviously it and Villiers and Munition will be rebuilt and that is planned for 2024. I do not think Villiers will be brought west to New Cherry but I am not sure and too lazy to look it u

I think the hold-up was the work on Commissioners but that too looks 'ready to roll'. I predict squealing around here on 10th and 11th :->
It will be especially cool crossing over the two-span Commissioners bridge !

Back