Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Thanks.

I realized that I had a much better (and more up-to-date re: heights and projects incl. AGO, Mars2 etc.) render kicking around so I "re-skinned" BMO... here it is:

shangviewREV.jpg

What is the 60 floorish building in front of Aura? It looks to be on the corner of Bay and Grosvenor (NW corner). :confused:

Last edited:
Ah, yes, thank you. :)

But isn't Burano 48 floors tall? The rendering makes it look much taller then RoCP. Maybe it's just the perspective...

Burano is on higher ground and closer in the picture so that might be the reason it looks that tall.

Not to mention you are 600 feet in the air from this POV. Things look very different up here. Particularly those tall edifices closer to camera. Anyone who understands POV (camera height, distances from the lens etc.) will understand this render.

Nonetheless, Burano might want to be a tad shorter and a bit further south... but it'll do for now.

Last edited:
zshangview.jpg

Harry... when are you building our pyramid??? Hopefully Cass got paid....

BTW, next round is on me.
Actually, a few months ago I did end up getting some money after all the secured creditors were paid up. About $0.30 on the $1 too, which was more than I was expecting in the end.

Edited to add that those are still some pretty sweet renders, 3D.

nice to finally see this angle. Shangri-la is going to be the biggest impact on the skyline of anything currently u/c. That western edge of the downtown core has been needing something to close it in for an eternity. The Boutique Tower should be a nice step down on the other side...

nice to finally see this angle. Shangri-la is going to be the biggest impact on the skyline of anything currently u/c. That western edge of the downtown core has been needing something to close it in for an eternity. The Boutique Tower should be a nice step down on the other side...

TOTALLY TRUE!!!!

It balances out the portion of the skyline between the CBD and the Ritz/RBC development... Right now there is a gap :(

Progress on site has been pretty good over the last few weeks. supports are up for the fourth floor and they will pour it in the next couple of days. i cant wait for this to get out of the ground!!

Please have some actual content when posting.

Actually, just beyond the Boutique tower (to the west) there is a parking lot where two 40+ story towers are proposed to go. It'll end up being more of a bridge than a step down if those two go up.

Back