Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Fairmont did plan a new hotel south of the Royal York a few years ago (current site of the new Brookfield building I believe) but it was eventually scrapped.

...not to mention Hazelton Lanes, the Windsor Arms and numerous other condos and apartments around Yorkville.

Yes, and they're all in Yorkville, which is a world of difference from University and Adelaide. Maybe le tout 905 will buy there so their youts won't have so far to drive home from clubland on the weekend.

I believe it was le tout 604 who bought at Shangri-La....

Le tout 905 won't have far to waddle to the opera, ballet, symphony and film festival either - while their spawn dodges the homeless in clubland.

Good, then they won't have to race for their SUVs before the curtain call the way they do now.

Oh, wait, no they will. Why waddle when you can ride.

I hate that too. They've all sat on their fat asses for two or three hours, so what's wrong with a couple more minutes?

If you work in the financial district this is much more convenient than Yorkville.

I live really close to the site and it takes my friend longer to walk from his car to the go train then it is for me to walk from my door to my office. Also, if I leave the office at 5, I am sipping a beer at 5:05. Also, there is nothing like walking home for lunch.

Down side...if you call in sick, you cannot go out because chances are you will bump into someone.

Does anyone have any idea if Shangri-La or new City Place buildings are still dropping the "4's"? I recall a discussion about this some time ago but I can't remember what the answer to this question was.

why not some luxury hotels in the y+e or y+st c area? Tons of money at those nodes, arguably just as interesting--I could see room for 2 major luxury hotels at each of these intersections. Then there's the beach and high park neighbourhoods--both underserved by luxury hotels yet both extremely affluent (doesn't mean these areas need 77 floor towers but a few boutique hotels here and there would be nice.)

I myself am puzzled why anyone would pay $1 million plus to live@U+Adel when just a short 5 minute drive up to Bloor St a nice Admiral Rd house can be had for similar money. I suspect most buyers are international (and clueless--did anyone read Eric Reguly's rant in Friday's Globe?) business types unable to figure out where the "real" Toronto truly is to be found. (@Runnymede and Annette says the junctionist in me;)

Try Keele at Dundas :) McBride is an empty lot now.

Fencing is up on the site, as well as a trailer. Looks like they will do work on the historical building on site first.

JG

You guys are mean to 905'ers. ( They can't help it if they can't afford to live in Toronto) We should at least try being nice to them, and end this hostility.

FYI - before construction can be initiated, archeological assessment/survey/excavation of the Bishop's Block must be conducted, and the site cleared.

You guys are mean to 905'ers.

That's just the way it is here......

They can't help it if they can't afford to live in Toronto

I can easily afford to live in Toronto, but I choose to live in Mississauga! (and I lived in T.O. for many years - shocking, isn't it?)

Back