Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Am in love with Shangri-La but they should have tried for 70 floors. As mind-boggling impressive it is from the north coming down University, I think ultimately it will disappoint a tiny bit from other perspectives.

My suspicion is that it would not make much of a difference: 66 or 70 stories. Now if one goes another 10 stories, then yes it would be noticable. Of course any additional height would be a benefit but I think that between 66 and 70 stories would not so much be the appearance as the psychological ability to say the building is in the 70's vs. 60's stories for height, rather than the true difference of 702 vs.748 ft.

from today
20110709a060.jpg

20110709a059.jpg

20110709a056.jpg

Does anyone know what floor, or level, they are at now?

Just was there and counted 48. Eighteen to go. Moving at a very rapid pace as well. Interested is correct...should have gone for 76 floors! (Ten years ago we all would have been AMAZED at a 66 storey condo!!!)

nice shots, Jason, that's gotta be a new angle - where did you shoot that from? :)

20th Floor Glass bridge-way of the Citi Bank Building at 121 Front Street West.... Is my guess.

:D

Those photos made me think you posted the wrong photos, because I didn't recognize Toronto at first, haha.
It features one of my favourite buildings in the city though. The one right at the front in the first photo. I'm not sure what it's called, or the address.

1 University Place. Always one of my favourites. I wished it had been 40 floors taller when it was built. I love the Aquamarine glass and the antiqued-Bronze and slate cladding at the base. When it was built it stood out with unique coloured cladding. Although, today with the sea of green glass condos, the effect has been watered-down and even become unwanted. Unfortunate.

Back