Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

It will be angled but not to the degree. The West side of the building is consistent all the way up I believe. The East side condos get somewhat larger as one goes higher up. Hence there will be some additional angling apparent on the East vs. the West side. The West side should go from a narrow point on the North and South end to the outward point in the middle of the West side at the middle balcony tip.
Hope this helps.

If you look at post #7 page 1 of this thread, the angles on the East from the top down to say about the 25th floor will not appear on the West side. It will on the West side I believe form a simple "V" shape but with the 2 arms of the V much wider apart all the way to the top.(from floors 16 or so onwards since I believe the first 16-18 floors will not have open balconies but will be closed as shown on the East face lower floors.

If you look at post #7 page 1 of this thread, the angles on the East from the top down to say about the 25th floor will not appear on the West side. It will on the West side I believe form a simple "V" shape but with the 2 arms of the V much wider apart all the way to the top.(from floors 16 or so onwards since I believe the first 16-18 floors will not have open balconies but will be closed as shown on the East face lower floors.

That's exactly what I was looking for. The elevations show the angled facing on the east side, and the flat facing on the west. Thanks.

i wish i could go downtown to take pictures... honestly you all have way 2 much time on your hands...... as soon as i get me drivers license ima go straight downtown 4 some pictures.... just a few more years!!

i wish i could go downtown to take pictures... honestly you all have way 2 much time on your hands...... as soon as i get me drivers license ima go straight downtown 4 some pictures.... just a few more years!!

aha :D, same for me. i have to take the streetcar :( i do get around though quite a fair bit

What's going on here? I hope they're not ruining the cladding by throwing those silver pieces on every seam.
shangdllb.jpg

I am guessing that that bank all the way up will be the same with the horizontal bars. The next bank of multiple windows will have the vertical bars as they now are. I think it will provide for interesting contrast if tht is the case. Breaks up the monotony of the same appearance all the way accross for 65 stories.

There does seem to be an assortment of glass treatments so far.

Jayomatic's picture above demonstrates the very transparent glass with the greenish spandrel next to very mirrored glass with greenish spandrel and silver mullions (Notice how you can't see through to the concrete pillar on the right, but you can clearly see the concrete support wall through the glass on the left.) . Then what we have seen of the West side so far, has quite blue glass and spandrel that matches, which is heavily mirrored and less transparent.

It should all make for an interesting facade

Last edited:

Back