News   May 01, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 345     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 360     0 

Toronto Life Square: Love it or hate it?

Toronto Life Square

• Like it

Votes: 29 87.9%
  • Don't Like it

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hypnotoad

Member Bio
Reaction score
A lot of the threads in the Projects and Construction section are filled with heated debate. These polls are designed to capture that and to see which development(s) polarize UT members the most. To keep things simple you have two options: 1) Like it or 2) Do not like it

Well that didn't work. I was hoping to put more then one poll question in the topic. Lets just assume this experiment is a failure and I'll hide in a corner. Admin can feel free to delete the whole thread.

It just needed a renaming.

Metropolis/TLS, Varsity Stadium, ROM, 1 Bloor East, and Clear/Pure Spirits are probably the most polarizing buildings on this forum right now, as well as perhaps Pier 27, but more so for the development itself than the architecture.

I'm delighted with the Square, caltrane74, and have been ever since it opened. It is a great little public space in the heart of the city - very well used by locals as somewhere to meet, sit and chat, be entertained, or shop at the market that's sometimes held there. The irritating advertising that surrounds it is another matter entirely, though - it makes you appreciate art and beauty all the more as soon as you get away from the place!

Why does it have to be a for/against poll? I'm of the opinion that it's too early to tell. Try again once Metropolis has been completed.

Metropolis is going to be completed?

I just thought of a funny joke for Futurama: Fry and the gang are buzzing past Toronto in their ship--in the year 3000 for those not familiar with the show--and Metropolis/TLS is still not finished! Is that a corker or what?

(Later in the show, in a long expository scene on the ship, the Professor explains to the crew all the relevant historical/geographical facts of Toronto as well as the long torturous construction for that particular development. Then Fry wakes up from some sexual daydream and asks what he missed. Professor repeats the explanation word-for-word. Silence. Tumbleweed drifts across the frame.

Cut to a Bad-Boy commercial.

(And they won't let me write for television!)

Back