Toronto Library District Condominiums + Toronto's 99th Library | ?m | 29s | Context Development | KPMB

IMG_4503_zps1fe4bcb8.jpg

IMG_4508_zpscb85ea4a.jpg

IMG_4510_zps37464ca1.jpg

IMG_4505_zps92dbf006.jpg

IMG_4507_zpsb042f8b1.jpg

Holy smokes. Rising fast.

I agree, but that could be because I'm paying almost no attention to this project. Looks like it might be somewhat of a pleasant surprise though. I'm not usually a fan of green-glassed condos, but it looks like there will be some interesting shades of green here. The contrast next to 510 Bremner should help as well.

I'm not either, but this pastel-like green looks good. Another might say it looks like snot, but to me it doesn't. It's funky and I think unpretentious. How it's going to date...well, that's another matter.

I'm digging the green. I was initially intrigued with this project because of the new park and new library and because of the unobstructed west and north-west views over Fort York. Should be panoramic for most of the units on these sides, as I'm pretty sure that Fort York won't be turned into condo development lands anytime soon haha :p

I am looking forward to the completion of the library at what will be a fairly busy, urban corner in an area of town that, despite being next to one of the oldest structures in the province, was derelict until quite recently. It looks like the structure is perfectly layed out to take advantage of the views. Also, the park going in to the north of the library will be the missing link in a public space (Northern Linear Park) that will stretch from the John Street Bridge to June Callwood Park. Photos taken 1 February 2013

IMG_2674_1-XL.jpg

IMG_2677_1-X2.jpg

IMG_2681_1-XL.jpg

IMG_2676_1-XL.jpg

IMG_2685_1-X2.jpg

I included this photo to show the path that is already built on the west side of Bathurst that will connect the park going in to the north of the library to Fork York and the neighbourhood springing up to it's south.

IMG_2686_1-X2.jpg

IMG_2687_1-X2.jpg

The area below the Bathurst Bridge needs a little work but could be an interesting space.

IMG_2688_1-XL.jpg

Last edited:
it will be a nice path - and I hope for everyone's enjoyment, once the graffiti is cleaned up, it stays clean... any idea if they will put lighting under the bridge?

I'm so beyond caring about this 'Slice of Mississauga' neighbourhood. As if glass colour on the latest investorbox is going to save this disaster of a missed opportunity.

Yet you cared enough to comment?

it will be a nice path - and I hope for everyone's enjoyment, once the graffiti is cleaned up, it stays clean... any idea if they will put lighting under the bridge?

The bridge will be rebuilt… soon, although I don't believe we know exactly which year yet. Definitely the area below the new bridge will get lighting.

Back