Toronto Liberty Market Lofts | ?m | 13s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

The narrowest units are 9'1. That's for the 545 sq ft 1 bedrooms. I find it hard to believe that unit's would be separated by drywall. I don't even think that's legal. There has to be proper fire separation between units and drywall certainly doesn't cut it.

3 layers of 5/8" type-x fire-rated drywall meets fire code. 4 layers is much better though, for sound attenuation.

Taken today.

LIBERTY-MARKET-LOFTS-25-04-2012-10.jpg

LIBERTY-MARKET-LOFTS-25-04-2012-1.jpg

LIBERTY-MARKET-LOFTS-25-04-2012-2.jpg

LIBERTY-MARKET-LOFTS-25-04-2012-3.jpg

Looks like the brick is going to be painted the same tone as Liberty next door.
LIBERTY-MARKET-LOFTS-25-04-2012-4.jpg

What a tight squeeze.
LIBERTY-MARKET-LOFTS-25-04-2012-5.jpg

Parking entrance (facing West - will eventually be painted).
LIBERTY-MARKET-LOFTS-25-04-2012-6.jpg

LIBERTY-MARKET-LOFTS-25-04-2012-7.jpg

LIBERTY-MARKET-LOFTS-25-04-2012-8.jpg

LIBERTY-MARKET-LOFTS-25-04-2012-9.jpg

This one is beginning to look really good. When I was last by this site, Lifetime Developments has really fine tuned the detail on this one.

There is a new project to replace part of the liberty market building, is there a thread for this one ? It is too include office and retail on the bottom, not sure how much of the building it would replace ... would be a shame to lose the lane way.

There is a new project to replace part of the liberty market building, is there a thread for this one ? It is too include office and retail on the bottom, not sure how much of the building it would replace ... would be a shame to lose the lane way.

Really? I'm a little surprised to hear this......do you know where this new project is to be placed?

If I'm not mistaken, residents have begun to move into this building as its in the early stages of occupancy. It looks great.

It's sad, but this is the only nice building that's been constructed in Liberty Village since condos started going up.

It's sad, but this is the only nice building that's been constructed in Liberty Village since condos started going up.

Agreed. It turned out very sharp! Passed by it the other day (no camera handy) and it looked pretty well complete... all brick coloured, all windows in. The colour palette is subtle (something Toronto does pretty well!) but is well selected... everything from the brick to the window frames to the spandrel.

Although I like this building, I think the views from the units facing south (excluding the penthouse units) may have a, well, less-than-desirable view, as you face the Gardner, a large flashing billboard and what seems to be a cluttered storage yard adjacent to one of the older apartment buildings. I would imagine having a view of the Village itself would be more appealing (i.e. a north view).

Back