Toronto Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute | ?m | 9s | St. Michael's | Diamond Schmitt

definitely a beautiful looking bridge, and a very nice pic indeed, android...

Walking by this lately a couple times, I've gotta say, though, the lobby is sterile and ugly. Bits of wood does not warm up a bunch of white surfaces. Very institutional and depressing.

Walking by this lately a couple times, I've gotta say, though, the lobby is sterile and ugly. Bits of wood does not warm up a bunch of white surfaces. Very institutional and depressing.

Hospitals are usually institutional... Especially research hospitals.

The lobby looks great. I wouldn't expect anything more from what is primarily a place where research is done. This isn't an opera house or a hotel lobby.

0.jpg

(fyi: be selective when searching for "hamster tube" in google.)

Thought i'd share this pic with everyone after seeing the hampster picture.

Last edited:
Hospitals are usually institutional... Especially research hospitals.

The lobby looks great. I wouldn't expect anything more from what is primarily a place where research is done. This isn't an opera house or a hotel lobby.

Of course it's an institutional-use building. I was more using the term for its connotations of cold sterility.

Its use as a hospital research facility is no excuse for this cold, depressing feel it gives off, in my opinion. And I'm not going to like it just because it's a Diamond and Schmitt job.

Nothing new here, the light on the brise-soleils was just too good not to shoot this afternoon:

DSC01262.jpg
DSC01263.jpg
DSC01269.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01262.jpg
    DSC01262.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 705
  • DSC01263.jpg
    DSC01263.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 680
  • DSC01269.jpg
    DSC01269.jpg