Toronto Leslie Slip Lookout Park | ?m | ?s | CreateTO

From last evening, Friday May 24th
IMG_1192.jpeg

IMG_1193.jpeg

FFS. Do you suggest that they should have just extended the parking lot or maybe built a garbage dump?
Or maybe get rid of the parking lot & make better use of it, you can save the attitude too cool guy

Hopefully in time this area will become less industrial. But, maybe I am in the minority on this, and that's ok. I just don't really love the idea of going to a park in a busy industrial area with a lot of vehicular traffic (read: large polluting trucks.) Perhaps, in the future the trucks will be EVs also. Maybe. Then again, maybe not.

Or maybe get rid of the parking lot & make better use of it, you can save the attitude too cool guy
No doubt the parking lot @ Canada Post will go one day but city building is incremental and the area is actually zoned industrial so it will be a while. (The concrete plants are all being moved there - and we do need these close to where the concrete is being used - and the Canada Post sorting office is new. )

Hopefully in time this area will become less industrial. But, maybe I am in the minority on this, and that's ok. I just don't really love the idea of going to a park in a busy industrial area with a lot of vehicular traffic (read: large polluting trucks.) Perhaps, in the future the trucks will be EVs also. Maybe. Then again, maybe not.

I think most people would agree with you. It wouldn't be just the vehicular traffic, but also the noise that might come with the industrial work. For the most part, Sugar Beach is a bit of a exception despite Red Path being right across the street. On the contrary, it's pretty neat seeing the "sugar boats" come in and them scooping the sugar. There is a smell component, but I've never found it overwhelming (unlike say churning out asphalt).

Back