Toronto Leslie Boutique Residences | 39.93m | 11s | Great Lands | Northgrave

terrible

Oh man, can this building be saved?

I live next door at Park Place and I thought I had complaints about the building!
I can't believe how cheap the exterior of Boutique condos looks. Some of the balconies look barely larger than a juliette balcony, and very thin base.
The grey on the outside will look really drab unless they do something about it.
And all this for 550 per square feet?
I'll take Park Place at least for the building, Concord is known to be cheap builders with their cookie cutter designs but I think our neighbour has gone one worse.

Why did they switch from a stretcher bond brick pattern to a stack bond at the top? Coupled with all the spandrel, this thing is a mess. Truly a LOL-worthy building.

The amount of opaque spandrel on this building is truly bizarre. 65% coverage maybe?

Indeed this building turned out quite bizarre

on the flip side, the high % of non-glass facade would provide oppourtunities for good insulation though ... LOL (no complaints of cold interiors like most glass towers)

This oughta incite a firestorm...

July 21st

zaeuKTf.jpg

LI89lem.jpg

c7WuCLf.jpg

YM4B8rt.jpg

Walking through Concord Park Place, you get the feeling things are changing up in North York design-wise, then you get a block east and its like, nope, nevermind. I try to give buildings the benefit of the doubt, but this one is just tacky, drab and depressing.

The building's brochure indicates that they were going for LEED certification. Maybe the only way they cold manage it with this design was to up the R value by turning most windows into spandrel, hence the spandrhellacious design. Thanks Northgrave Architects!

Back