Mississauga Lakeview Village | ?m | ?s | Argo Developments | Sasaki

More space is nice, but when we have a shortage of units and an affordability challenge (driven by a shortage of units), making units larger than strictly needed/called for by the market is probably not helping. Maybe if there was not sure a shortage, 1 bed units would be less desirable, less expensive/valuable and a smaller proportion of the units being developed.

I think the move toward point towers with smallish floorplates has not helped with unit sizes.

More space is nice, but when we have a shortage of units and an affordability challenge (driven by a shortage of units), making units larger than strictly needed/called for by the market is probably not helping. Maybe if there was not sure a shortage, 1 bed units would be less desirable, less expensive/valuable and a smaller proportion of the units being developed.

I think the move toward point towers with smallish floorplates has not helped with unit sizes.
It is a trap if you move in and you have to leave sooner than later or can’t afford to move. I know couples in condos who would have kids but now they’re committted to their one bedroom it is no longer an option. We do want children correct to buy all this housing when we die.

Affordable housing for people who can never afford market rent is a totally different thing. I didn’t think this building fit that description.

DJI_20231210164707_0435_D.jpg

DJI_20231210163632_0429_D.jpg

DJI_20231210163306_0427_D.jpg

DJI_20231210163127_0424_D.jpg

DJI_20231210163101_0423_D.jpg

DJI_20231210162847_0421_D.jpg

DJI_20231210162655_0419_D.jpg

DJI_20231210161919_0405_D.jpg

It feels like another Port Lands-style megaproject. It's also interesting that you can see a large cloud of steam from the sewage treatment plant wafting towards the site. I always wonder how the proximity of the plant will affect the community's livability. Apparently, they're investing in odour mitigation, but I don't know how effective it'll be.

It feels like another Port Lands-style megaproject. It's also interesting that you can see a large cloud of steam from the sewage treatment plant wafting towards the site. I always wonder how the proximity of the plant will affect the community's livability. Apparently, they're investing in odour mitigation, but I don't know how effective it'll be.
I've lived within 0.5 KM of it and you really don't notice any odor. The odd time on a hot summer day you may catch a whiff directly South of it on Lakeshore.

Back