Toronto Lakeside Residences | 158m | 49s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Yes, a good find,but if I were a purchaser I would still not rest easy. Will Pinnacle honour the existing (Greenland) contracts?

NOTE TO MODS: The thread title MAY need to be adjusted?
Yeah definitely we won't know until we get a letter from the new builder or the lawyers.
Does anyone have any contacts at Pinnacle they can ping for info?

I talked to the City officials, and this is what I have to report.
The Lakeside project has new ownership. Pinnacle has bought over the entire project from Greenland.
Greenland is out of the picture.

Pinnacle is working with the City to wrap up the approval process that were started by Greenland. The delay in the approval process in the last few months was due to the changeover of the ownership.
For the point of view of the application process, all the technical reviews and designs are done and the City is prepared to approve these. The critical item remains the East-West Road, where the RGW (180 Queens Quay) and now Pinnacle are contributing the land, and this should be expedited with Pinnacle in charge. The City is facilitating this.

The City official stated that in his view, ”The new owner is committed to finishing the project”
Pinnacle will be soon informing the buyers of the new ownership and the status of the project.
So my sense is that the final approval is imminent and Pinnacle, a very reputable builder, will want to expedite the construction. No more games and delays. It remains to be seen if they will abide by the current contracts signed with the buyers. I am hoping that they find value in sticking with the current buyers and focus on the construction, instead of going looking for new buyers at a higher price. Keeping fingers crossed.

Here's your in print confirmation of the successful sleuthing in this thread; from The Lobbyist Registry:

1686928757614.png

Can you or anyone else explain what does this mean? The lobbying part

The Lobbyist Registry is so that the City records and makes public when businesses seek to speak to City Staff or Councillors about matters in which they have a financial interest.

Its a tool for transparency so you can see who the people in government are talking to and whether that may be influencing their decisions.

This is a link to the registry:

Just a note to say that any future posts to this thread that revolve around owing units in this complex will no longer be moved to the Real Estate thread for this project, which exists for owners to talk amongst themselves, but will simply be deleted. Repeat offenders may be banned.

...besides, I'd rather be reading about what they're planning to do with the lake at Lakeside now it's ran by a more competent developer here.

Back