Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

True. I think the city can do without Libeskind. The most over-rated architect on the planet?

If Peter Clewes got a New York City gig--you never know maybe the Lamb will do something there...;)--I bet everyone here would suddenly say he's the best thing since Philip Johnson.

Clewes is better than average, but I'd take a Libeskind any day over one of aA's shiny, perfect, boring boxes...:p

True. I think the city can do without Libeskind. The most over-rated architect on the planet?

If Peter Clewes got a New York City gig--you never know maybe the Lamb will do something there...;)--I bet everyone here would suddenly say he's the best thing since Philip Johnson.

Slagging Libeskind now?
Pfft. Keep fooling yourself. Ones a world renowned architect, while that Clewes fella who's coat tails you would love to ride on, would barely register a "who?" outside of this city.

Jan 27
What I am seeing for the current wall, it's one of the best ones I have seen to date. I saw one in Kitchener in early December that took the square box out look out of the picture.
6777808943_5d6c401937_b.jpg

6777809905_362bd374d3_b.jpg

6777811059_c5385422b6_b.jpg

6777814839_b6105fc3ca_b.jpg

6777817695_a832d3cfdb_b.jpg

6777819963_e9a2c1b51d_b.jpg

Libeskind is a sort of a one trick pony. Apart from the Jewish museum in Berlin, I am not a fan of his work either. But Philip Johnson?? New York city has new(ish) buildings by Herzog &DeMeuron, SANAA, Shigeru Ban, Nouvel, BIG, Morphosis, Gehry, Renzo Piano etc etc etc YTF would anyone care about dead & buried (post)modernist Philip Johnson?

I really didn't realize that it was going to be so....blue...

I like it. This building was always going to be eye-catching due to its height and unique shape, but this shade of blue makes it even more so.

Man, this tower is going to be absolutely amazing!! Thanks for all the photos people. I live so close to this tower, but never go down to this area.

This tower gives toronto something it badly lacks - variety....I'm excited to see how the blue plays out as this grows. High marks for trying something different for a change...

Back