Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Huj4suy.jpg

I'm sorry that l haven't been keeping up with this project lately. But what's the story with the crane that's still standing? And why is there another crane beside it? Just curious.

Great shot. ya, i did not realise that niagara falls skyline could be seen from Toronto. must have been a good clear day.

So what happened with the fire or "no fire" last night at 8:20 pm? It sure looked like a roof fire or flames coming out of the boiler stack(s) last night. Not normal! I hope all is safe. Poor picture but the flames were quite large at times when the wind shifted.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 1,242
I've been a member a UT for a few years now, and I check it daily but I don't always add my two cents until now. I went back through the posts and this building broke ground 5 yrs. ago this past July. It reached ground level Jan. 2011 and topped out with cladding about 17 mos. ago. I find it difficult to believe that in 5 yrs. they haven't been able to design, engineer, manufacture, deliver and install the BMU for this building. How long does it normally take? Did one get washed overboard on a cargo ship and they had to build and deliver another one? Als0, if I'm not mistaken they started work for the crane support near the beginning of this year as well. No crane and no BMU. No wonder the citizens of Toronto are getting impatient to see it completed. 5 yrs. to start the BMU and/or 17 mos. to get it installed is more than enough time to get the job done. Has Cityzen ever offered an explanation to any of the UT staff regarding the reason for the BMU not being installed by now?

Back