Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

On my way out of one of Guv's final nights/mornings lol

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20150111_101703_007.jpg
    IMG_20150111_101703_007.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 3,529
Yeah, I was walking through the site back in mid November and construction workers said the crane was staying until Spring. I think they also said they were going to do one last window wash if I'm not mistaken.

SONY CENTRE PLAZA CONTRACT, At last!

The North Plaza of the Sony Centre urgently requires revitalization. The stone pavers are in poor condition and create a hazardous situation for pedestrian traffic. The scope of work for the revitalization includes new stone pavers, restoration of the black granite landscape boxes, restoration of the west canopy and canopy columns and lighting is to be replaced. Also included in the scope of work is the removal and replacement of the existing curbs and asphalt of the Sony Centre driveway.

As a result of the proposed revitalization of the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts to upgrade and restore the sidewalk and pavers on the exterior of the Sony Centre, Community Council approved the alteration of the road and sidewalk on the south side of Front Street East, between Yonge Street and Scott Street, to improve the pedestrian environment as recommended by Transportation Services. This work is included in the Contract for the revitalization of the North Plaza of the Sony Centre.

The Sony Centre for the Performing Arts issued Tender Call #001 on November 24, 2014. Seven contractors were invited to bid on this project of which six acquired the tender documents. All six contractors attended the mandatory site meeting. The Tender closed on December 19, 2014. Two qualified bids were received. Both Contractors are well respected in the construction industry and very capable of completing this work. Funding for this work is budgeted in the Sony Centre Capital Works program for years 2014 and 2015. The tendered amount for the project is $1,650,000.00. Transportation Services portion of this work is $259,000.00. This amount will be billed back to transportation services resulting in a total cost to the Sony Centre of $1,391,000.

Coming to Sony Board for approval next week.

Looks like Backstage has done little to tarnish the view of L tower, as some people were worrying about.

It was never the view of the L Tower that concerned me, it was always the view of 19 The Esplanade (the "flatiron" building) that I was concerned might end up being obstructed.

Back