Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

March 10th

6Iv8pWs.jpg

9U8wHBU.jpg

dfdQ5Pw.jpg

they really need to add two three stripes in the empty space it ruins the beauty of this building.:(

Anyone see Denis Villeneuve's Enemy this weekend (or at TIFF)? Beautiful shots of Toronto in the closing credits, including an extended pan of L Tower circa 2013.

I find that the podium has no relationship to the tower; it's clear that it was an afterthought/reaction to the removal of the Sony Centre cultural centre / expansion that was planned. Instead of glazing the side of it facing Yonge, I would have liked to have seen it clad in the same siding as the smaller entrance further north of it. The glazing makes it look like it's trying to be part of the tower but it just doesn't mesh together well.

I am also surprised that the loading docks weren't placed along the Esplanade or to the east of the property. Ah well, sometimes sacrifices must be made.

I am also surprised that the loading docks weren't placed along the Esplanade or to the east of the property. Ah well, sometimes sacrifices must be made.

I have to believe that during the Site Plan approval process the City was convinced that an entrance for the trucks from The Esplanade was impossible owing to the tightness of the site; they would never have allowed it on Yonge Street otherwise.

Then maybe the building should have been built on a different site. We in Toronto are so accepting of stupid things like this. It's Yonge Street, right off the Gardiner and around the corner from Union. Garage entrances on to Yonge are not okay.

The Yonge Street side of this building, is going to be a dead zone, for the whole block. At this location, with another dead space just across the street, that's rather unfortunate. It needs a restaurant, coffee shop or something.

Back