Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

l_tower_may1_2013.jpg

May 1, 2013

great pic, lxmoss! That slanted roof line makes an already outrageously interesting building, even better...:cool:

Speaking of cladding... It will be interesting to see how they cover the 2 floor sections of the penthouse. Will they run a metal support structure to hold two rows of window-wall, or will it be full-length sections with immense glass? (Which would have to have been custom made, at an extreme surcharge to the penthouse buyer.)

When oh when will the glass continue going up on the north side? It hasn't been added to for like 1-2 weeks.

I believe they had problems when they tested the curved glass - it didn't meet performance standards

When oh when will the glass continue going up on the north side? It hasn't been added to for like 1-2 weeks.

I think its been more like a month - they must be running into some slowdown. Its also slow on the south side - I just notice today they put a cladding row on 55 and starting their way down.

It looks like lately they are putting most effort on the bottom third of the ltower? Does anyone know?

I believe they had problems when they tested the curved glass - it didn't meet performance standards

The glass is not curved; the curtain wall on the "curve" is as flat as the floors below. (Look carefully, they have already installed two floors on the "curve" which sit at a slightly different angle from the floors below.) If they had problems, it was due to the wedge-shaped spacing caused by the adjoining curtain wall changing angles on each floor. I imagine that would cause a weather sealing problem.

Just walking by ltower - looks like they are getting a big shipment of cladding this morning. Hopefully they got any problems sorted out and we see more installations on both the north and south sides.

Speaking of cladding... It will be interesting to see how they cover the 2 floor sections of the penthouse. Will they run a metal support structure to hold two rows of window-wall, or will it be full-length sections with immense glass? (Which would have to have been custom made, at an extreme surcharge to the penthouse buyer.)

I also noticed some cladding that had to be 4 feet wide and almost 20 feet long ... I'm thinking it will be custom made for the penthouse - hard to confirm - but that would be my guess from my vantage point

Back