Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Couple of L tower shots from earlier this afternoon, shot from the St. Lawrence Market area.

LtowerMar27-13A.png

LtowerMar27-13B.png

It looks as if Lenser captured the final bucket of concrete going up.

Last edited:
I believe someone was asking for layouts of the two storey penthouse units a while back - I found these ...

Thanks. These are great finds, except that they didn't build it as the plan shows. The open two-storey high ceiling area is much bigger and suggests that multiple units if not the whole penthouse were combined into a single unit. I wish I knew who bought this and for how much.

Last edited:
With sidewalks like that , how do we even dare go around wondering whether our city is beautiful or not. How could it be. No trees, half asphalt half concrete sidewalks. No bike lanes....these missing elements play a big role in beautifying a city. Come on city planners...do something!!!!

This project has more updates elsewhere (St Lawrence thread I think) bu, in short, the restoration of the Esplanade will happen in summer 2013. The sidewalks, trees etc will start to be done in mid to late June from Market Street and will move west towards Church and Scott. The reason for the delay is because the bar owners want to have their patios for the first part of the summer and the work will probably not move west of Church until Labour Day. The delay was caused by Toronto Hydro who weee unable (!!) to install the new streetlights in 2012 and the plans to do all this LAST year had to be postponed. Hydro are supposed to be on site soon to put in the lighting and bury the rest of the wires. The new tree pits are FAR better and the trees may actually live.

I believe someone was asking for layouts of the two storey penthouse units a while back - I found these

Thanks. These are great finds, except that they didn't build it as the plan shows. The open two-storey high ceiling area is much bigger and suggests that multiple units if not the whole penthouse were combined into a single unit. I wish I knew who bought this and for how much.

If I'm not mistaken, those plans are of the two floor Sub-Penthouse floors 54 and 55. I don't have the plans for 56 which has 2 units on it (one of them being the giant two floor space.) Or the 57th which has the upper floor of the North unit of the 56th floor
and the rest of the South Penthouse.... Or something like that.

Notice the 54th floor units are smaller because they have the same layout for 55 where the bedrooms are located.
(I have the unit floor plans for all these floors in a Pdf, but I'm not sure how to attach a Pdf file to the post.)

uqgFjlh.jpg

Last edited:
A little more searching and I find this online. It may be old, but it clearly shows the 57th floor and the upper 58th floor of the Penthouses and none of them contain the double floor space as it's seen from the South facade.

Hmmmmmm

GdHHLRP.jpg

A little more searching and I find this online. It may be old, but it clearly shows the 57th floor and the upper 58th floor of the Penthouses and none of them contain the double floor space as it's seen from the South facade.

Hmmmmmm

This is how it was actually built ... units 1 and 8 combined into one big 2-storey space, unit 2 turned into single 2-storey room

8596662223_49fc5b27a4_b.jpg

Last edited:
Clearly they have deviated from any floor plans available to the public in the last few years. As noted, even the Sub-Penthouse units which originally had an "Open to Below" two story feature of their own, no longer seem to have them:

WR5GeyN.jpg

I don't know anything about the sub-penthouse units, but please allow me again to speculate that all the originally planned units on the two penthouse floors 57 and 58 have been sold to the same buyer and been combined into a single penthouse unit. I know this is an outrageous claim and pure speculation, but this is the only way I can explain the huge open space I see, which combines the originally planned suites 2, 1, and 8 - and that's probably only the "living room". Anyone who can confirm or invalidate?

Last edited:
I don't know anything about the sub-penthouse units, but please allow me again to speculate that all the originally planned units on the two penthouse floors 57 and 58 have been sold to the same buyer and been combined into a single penthouse unit. I know this is an outrageous claim and pure speculation, but this is the only way I can explain the huge open space I see, which combines the originally planned suites 2, 1, and 8 - and that's probably only the "living room". Anyone who can confirm or invalidate?

Looks like you are correct sir - and what a unit it is

If indeed, all those units were joined by some buyer, they would have had to pay a hefty premium to have the plans changed so drastically. To simply join two units would have been modest alterations by comparison, because that could be easily undone for resale. This however, required the removal of a partial floor plate and can not be undone and the unit would have to resold as is.

Oh... And on a side note, but related... I want to know the vacuum attachment or the special Swiffer used to get the cobwebs in the corners of a 30 foot ceiling.... and can we say "Custom Window Treatments" ?

Last edited:
It certainly looks like suites 3-2-1-8-7 are all contiguous into one suite at the very least.

My thinking as well. So if you you can afford to buy all those units and also pay the hefty premium Traynor is suggesting, then you might as well buy the rest as well. This is especially so because only units 4 and 5 give you the special "skylight view" due to the extreme L-Tower curve on floors 57/58 on the north side, which is THE VERY unique feature on this tower. Maybe one of our real estate pros could tell us what they think such a full two-floor penthouse would go for.

... this morning:

8597986748_0830d58c0b_h.jpg

As always, thanks udo. Your pic outlines L's pinnacle sloping profile which solidifies L Tower in the "promises kept" vis a vis renders and approved elevations.

Most of the forum hated the first cladding installations and now the tower is blinded with the flashes of cell phones and traditional slr and dslr cameras.

Bottom line... delivered as promised. (rare but true).

Back