Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Bird Watching

L Tower construction as seen from Tommy Thompson Park yesterday evening. I find the L Tower surprisingly small compared to the other downtown buildings, with two thirds (39 of its 58 floors) already completed. The final height will be 202 m, which is approximately the same height as the Bay Wellington Tower of BCE Place right behind it. The trees below are on the Toronto Islands.

7189711110_af67ce661b_b.jpg

indeed - love those sorts of perspectives too, especially as you zoom in on them. Should be fantastic on a nice sunny day, early am once the tower is complete...

Taken today. You either love it or hate it. Regardless, L Tower with it's distinctly coloured cladding will make a huge visual impact on the skyline.

L-Tower-14-05-2012-1.jpg

L-Tower-14-05-2012-2.jpg

Last edited:
I need to see much more installed before forming an opinion, but I'm pleased to see glass finally going up. Gonna be interesting to watch this and Ice both getting their skins!

Same, a bit more cladding before I'm making any decision. Does anyone know if this cladding is here to stay or if there's still the possibility it won't be up to code? Seems they've added more than any of the previous attempts.

Some random shots from yesterday.

Seen from the parking garage just West of Market Wharf.
L-Tower-14-05-2012-4.jpg

Seen from Station Street, West of York St.
L-Tower-14-05-2012-3.jpg

cleaning

just curious..... how will the glass be cleaned on this building? will a device be stored up top somehow? For some reason the thought crossed my mind.....

Back