Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Taken this morning, facing North from Yonge & Lakeshore...

l-tower1.jpg

l-tower2.jpg

Nice vantage point! MAN does Sony Centre look nasty from behind! (especially with that cheap lookin white "sony centre" banner they're rockin... This is exactly why i can't wait to see L tower in action! But it will look weird next to it... A completely modern skyscraper built upon a really old building... i hope it works out!

Jasonzed at SSC has just posted an update:

Which is great for SSC but I don't feel I can just take his photos and use them for a Feature Project here.

Crappy phone camera shot from the weekend.
Ironwork going up quickly.
Looks like the LTower's podiom is starting on the east side.
From what I saw of the model in the sales office some time back the the facing is going to have a very interesting patterned horizontal ribbing effect. I don't know if it is going to be glass or metal.

Attachments

• LTower.jpg
    LTower.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 294
Hi Riley, answers:

Khristopher's right, Castlepoint hasn't released any renders yet that will fill your request, but we are expecting some renders next week of at least 5-7 The Esplande. I hope we will be treated to one that pictures both projects, but it may be too much to ask for at the moment!

We do not know what 5-7 The Esplanade will eventually be called, or what its final address will be, but it will get both a name and a new address.

A direct south view from some L Tower apartments will be into 5-7 The Esplanade, but that building will be skinny enough that one will be able to see the lake around it when close to the windows.

In regards to the west view, you might want to visit Hariri Pontarini's website to get a look at the 1 Front Street (West) Concept plan. As the title of the plan says, this is a concept only, merely an exercise to determine what type of project might work there in there in the future. To quote from the website,

This site is located between Bay Street and Yonge Street, immediately north of the rail corridor. It is bordered on the north by the Dominion Public Building at 1 Front Street and on the south by the rail corridor. The site has direct access to Union Station via a†pedestrian bridge over Bay Street that connects onto Platform 1. Pedestrian access is also available from Bay and Yonge Street. The site is a five minute walk from the centre of the commercial and employment area in the downtown financial district. The potential for this site is to have a mixed use appeal, not only as a transit hub, but combining corporate office space, retail locations and a hotel/residential component will add much needed diverse density to the area.

That study was done quite a few years ago now, and nothing has been heard since, so who knows when the next rumblings regarding that site will occur.

Hope that helps!

Hey interchange, thanks so much for all the helpful answers!! I just saw your post now. And thanks Khristopher also for the response. The peeps on the site really do have a wealth of info.

..earlier today

Attachments

• DSCF2014.jpg
    DSCF2014.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 477
Boy, Granny, you sure have a ringside seat for this one!

Thanks for this pic: we look forward to more in the future!

Boy, Granny, you sure have a ringside seat for this one!

Thanks for this pic: we look forward to more in the future!

No Kidding! It's amazing to watch. Friendly ironworkers that smile and wave back too.
Regular photo updates are promised.

Back