Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

^Always a good point worth mentioning.

No one will be calling it "L Tower" a year after it's built.

Has anybody noticed that the X Tower doesn't really look like an 'X'? Why do we keep on calling it that?

one could argue because it was call "X Condominiums" rather than "X Tower" :p ... likewise, "U Condominiums"

only two kinds of people know the "names" of condos: [1] the people who actually live in the condos, and [2] urban-freaks like UTF members!

most people generally know towers by their address or simply give them generic names like BMO Tower (instead of First Canadian Place). I'm sure the L-Tower will come to be known as "The Sony Tower" or "That Curvy-Looking Tower" in the future Toronto lexicon.

Last edited:
only two kinds of people know the "names" of condos: [1] the people who actually live in the condos, and [2] urban-freaks like UTF members!

most people generally know towers by their address or simply give them generic names like BMO Tower (instead of First Canadian Place). I'm sure the L-Tower will come to be known as "The Sony Tower" or "That Curvy-Looking Tower" in the future Toronto lexicon.

If it does turn out to be really well known it might be called by its name.

I'm sure the L-Tower will come to be known as "The Sony Tower" or "That Curvy-Looking Tower" in the future Toronto lexicon.

or the Libeskind tower

There is just no escape from this lunacy! l tower, I tower, F!#$in' who gives a sh@t tower

or the Libeskind tower

There is just no escape from this lunacy! l tower, I tower, F!#$in' who gives a sh@t tower

Right on Maestro. Who really gives a damn. I'm just as tired about reading about this silly asinine crap as I suspect you are.
What really cracks me up is these same clowns who carried on about how freakin ugly the 'boot' was just a few months ago are now lamenting it's loss. Half a Liebskind?.. my ass. Get over it. Move on.

or the Libeskind tower

True enough; keep in mind that it may be called "L" more in the L-is-for-Libeskind sense, so there's no sense in renaming as long as Libeskind's name is still attached to the design.

Yesterday, took note of the wooden railings and clambering workers atop the oxidized auditorium swayback of O'Keefe...

Liberace played the O'Keefe. Perhaps, if his star ascends again, future generations will assume this silly looking thing was named for him?

... or Liza, I believe she's belted a few out there before. So instead of Liza with a 'zee' we have the Libeskind Tower with an 'L'?

I dunno. Maybe because it's still in the shape of an L?

Right.........so then I guess we actually have dozens of "L" towers going up.

Plus "X" towers and "U" towers - actually I'd be happy if we went through the entire alphabet.

Last edited by a moderator:
From NRU
October 23 2009
Sony Centre tower gets its parking

In a decision issued October 14, board member John Aker approved a settlement among the City of Toronto, Metrolinx and Castlepoint Realty Partners Limited with regard to the latter’s appeal for site plan approval in relation to the development of 5 and 7 The Esplanade, southeast of Front and Yonge streets.

The site is proposed to be developed with six storeys of underground parking with 317 spaces, as an accessory to the much publicized 57-storey residential “L†tower to be developed on the site of the Sony Centre at 1 Front Street East. Planner Robert Glover (Bousfields) provided evidence in support of the settlement. The board approved the settlement and the site plan, authorizing development of the underground parking facility.

(See OMB Case No. MM090011.)

I just noticed this today (sorry if this has already been posted or if it's been there ages and I just noticed), I was walking along the Esplanade tonight and noticed the L Tower sales centre is being set up right next to Scotland Yard pub, at 56 the Esplanade if I recall correctly. I can actually see the sign out my window but it's too far down to read (not to mention dark!). You won't miss it at street level though...big plywood ad slapped up with some painted 2x4s.

I just noticed this today (sorry if this has already been posted or if it's been there ages and I just noticed), I was walking along the Esplanade tonight and noticed the L Tower sales centre is being set up right next to Scotland Yard pub, at 56 the Esplanade if I recall correctly. I can actually see the sign out my window but it's too far down to read (not to mention dark!). You won't miss it at street level though...big plywood ad slapped up with some painted 2x4s.

They are doing a new release, most of L or I tower is sold but there are podium units they also added 3 floors:)

They are doing a new release, most of L or I tower is sold but there are podium units they also added 3 floors:)

On page H2 of today's Toronto Star an article on the "long awaited L Tower" reads, in part, that the development is "almost 90% sold out".

Back