Toronto Kipling Station Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | SAI

^ You beat me to it. Use screen-capture if copying is blocked, but be sure to post the attribution with the pics.

You can get the source of the pictures if you use Inspect Element to find the specific url of the picture. It also helps since the directory of the pictures aren't private (which is rare), so if you get the source of one picture, you have it for all of them.

I reuploaded the pictures with their original name to UT, is that what you meant by attribution?

Thanks guys, and thanks for posting. I was on mobile thus not as easy. Another good way to get the full-rez pics is the save and download the entire web page (right click), and in the resulting file you are given the JPEG or PNG versions of the pictures.

Another good way to get the full-rez pics is the save and download the entire web page (right click), and in the resulting file you are given the JPEG or PNG versions of the pictures.
I've never tried it that way, the size of the file and then having to open it in a browser to process harvesting the pics seems heavy handed. I use Linux (Ubuntu), so rendition and control might be different from how you describe on my machine.

Even though I use a stand alone Screenshot prog to selectively copy pics (and sometimes change the format they appear in, have to do it with some cell-phone pics which have proprietary tags on them, and won't copy as is), Chromium (and ostensibly Chrome) now offers a "1Click Screenshot" extension so it can be done right in the browser. I rarely use it because of familiarity with my Gnome Screenshot, but here's your poster icon captured with the browser extension:
59241.jpg

They could've built this a bit closer to the 427. Obviously that would have cost more, but still. On the other hand, building it at Kipling means that it serves as a nice anchor for Etobicoke City Centre.
Why would you build it closer to 427? Over there it couldn't connect to subway or GO trains - less of a hub and more of a bus depot. The concept of a hub is to connect multiple modes of transport. Building just a bus station would only strand MiWay and GO bus riders trying to get to the subway, GO Trains, or TTC buses.

This is a kind of off topic questions, but why was the Bloor-Danforth Line extended from Keele to Islington directly under Bloor St, but Islington to Kipling was in the Milton GO corridor? The fact that the Six Points Reconfiguration wasn't planned at that time is probably the main reason. I'd say if Line 2 was extended along Bloor from Islington to East Mall, it would probably be in a better position to be a better transit hub (at East Mall) and could be extended to Mississauga or Pearson. Kipling GO would have probably been Islington GO instead and maybe a proper Highway 427/Bloor St interchange would be built. A side note, that basketweave interchange between Bloor St and Dundas St is just disgusting(-ly beautiful).

About how long is the walk from the subway to the new bus terminal expected to be? Much shorter than the Spadina transfer?

About how long is the walk from the subway to the new bus terminal expected to be? Much shorter than the Spadina transfer?
Looks like it will be in the 150-200 m range - measuring straight line from TTC main entrance (which is about the same position as the beginning of the tunnel below) and the approximate centre of the new terminal. How fast do you walk?

Subway Crescent is now closed. Shit show around Kipling Station on Dundas Street. So incredibly slow on the MiWay bus to get there (I got off a bit early and walked).

I hope they can do something to re-route all this car traffic better. Or get rid of it and have people take buses to the station (right......).

Maybe it will ease off soon as people figure it out.

Why would you build it closer to 427? Over there it couldn't connect to subway or GO trains - less of a hub and more of a bus depot. The concept of a hub is to connect multiple modes of transport. Building just a bus station would only strand MiWay and GO bus riders trying to get to the subway, GO Trains, or TTC buses.

The idea is to also move the GO station to the East Mall. Makes the bus trip to Mississauga shorter, as well as for anyone coming from the 427 to carpool/park-and-ride.

:eek:They didn't render solar panels on the top of the bus terminal? I thought this government is committed to preserving our environment! ;)

Subway Crescent is now closed. Shit show around Kipling Station on Dundas Street. So incredibly slow on the MiWay bus to get there (I got off a bit early and walked).

I hope they can do something to re-route all this car traffic better. Or get rid of it and have people take buses to the station (right......).

I had written for several years that a short term advantage of building the Hub as East Mall (Honeydale) is much less disruption during construction. Anyone inconvenienced during this construction should be blaming this plan that is worse both short and long term.

This hub is needed to replace the Islington bus station, which is physically falling apart. There is no time to go through the EA, figure out the perfect extension to East Mall and get the political will do it - this terminal should have been done years ago, disruption or not.

AoD

This hub is needed to replace the Islington bus station, which is physically falling apart. There is no time to go through the EA, figure out the perfect extension to East Mall and get the political will do it - this terminal should have been done years ago, disruption or not.

AoD
The proposed extension has been shot down twice since 2005 by TTC commissioners. If any of the 2 time frame had happen when proposed, the extension would be open or about to open today.

Any extension is a win for everyone both on the cost side as well travel time. Makes more sense to do than the white elephant in the east end.

You never know what you will run into at Islington these days safety wise.

There is still talk that 1 or 2 MT routes will carry onto Islington after the new Hub opens in 2019, since MT have riders working in the area there in the first place. Even TTC plan new bus terminal calls for an MT bus to service it.

The proposed extension has been shot down twice since 2005 by TTC commissioners. If any of the 2 time frame had happen when proposed, the extension would be open or about to open today.

Any extension is a win for everyone both on the cost side as well travel time. Makes more sense to do than the white elephant in the east end.

You never know what you will run into at Islington these days safety wise.

There is still talk that 1 or 2 MT routes will carry onto Islington after the new Hub opens in 2019, since MT have riders working in the area there in the first place. Even TTC plan new bus terminal calls for an MT bus to service it.

Except we all know transit expansion has little to do with the priorities of TTC commissioners - if you think it took them long enough to build this terminal, wait till one still the lead time for an extension.

AoD

The idea is to also move the GO station to the East Mall. Makes the bus trip to Mississauga shorter, as well as for anyone coming from the 427 to carpool/park-and-ride.
So when are they moving the GO stop? And extending Line 2? Given the money literally being thrown away in Scarborough, I'd wager that those stops will not materialise in the lifetime of anyone on this forum. So why not build the bus terminal now, where the stops exist?

Indeed a shitshow. Driving home WB from Bloor, waited for 3 lights at Aukland (I live in a Viking Lane condo), cops directing traffic at Aukland and Subway, saw a bus gun it through a red light and nearly hit the left turner in front of me.

Learned my lesson, will loop around to SB Kipling in future.

Back