Toronto Kipling Station Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | SAI

^As it should be due to the sheer number of bus routes that will be terminating at the station. Last thing we need is a Mississauga City Centre style Bus Terminal, or worse yet a Hamilton MacNab Bus styled Terminal.

If Metrolinx can build grandiose Taj Mahal styled parking garages, than I see no wrong (and I certainly encourage them) to build palaced size bus terminals.
Given the fact there is 14 bus bays that will handle 60' buses and layover, one has to look at TTC Kipling bus terminal to see it not. This terminal is to handle more than 30,000 riders daily compare to the old Mississauga CCTT that was built for a city of 250,000 and to see 25,000 riders daily. The city was at 450,000 and seeing over 30,000 when it open in the 90's

Down size to this terminal, it's in the wrong location as plan and can't be expanded to meet increase ridership or have other routes that will service it.

It started in 2018 and was schedule to open Sept 7, 2020, but the photos shows it will not since TTC parking lot not built nor will it be finish by Sept. Current thinking late this year or early 2021. Mississauga has a lease for Islington up to Dec 31 and that was extended from Sept a few months ago. "ALL" Elevators needs to be working before it can go into service, including GO Platform, let alone to TTC.

Last edited:
Based on what I saw yesterday, late 2020 or early 2021 is when this project will be completed. Lots of finish material to be install and didn't have time to take a look from the GO platform for the south side.

The platforms are ready for snow melting system for most of it or what been place there.

Grading has taken place for part of the driveway and ready to have concrete to be pour for it, but the east end still need grading and back filling of the retaining wall for turning to the south side.

Posts have been place for pouring the curb of the old road around TTC transformer building, but curves to the west to get to the new pickup/drop off area.

Nothing has started for TTC parking lot, but a lot of drainage material on site that has to be place before grading can take place.

Aug 07
More up on site
50207962718_846a6fa463_b.jpg

50207962783_a6aa10663c_b.jpg

50207962928_3c873aa558_b.jpg

50208486041_9f3e7db6f2_b.jpg

50208486581_3b29d0e1f6_b.jpg

50208766547_5cfe255e59_b.jpg

50208766827_58545ecb06_b.jpg

50208487161_3474c313a2_b.jpg

50208487246_2ae7a17946_b.jpg

50207964723_d9845b3802_b.jpg

50208489201_b061710527_b.jpg

50207966218_878bd205d0_b.jpg

50208769162_d6938d31e4_b.jpg

50208489686_1a0ce5516f_b.jpg

50207966653_f1762f7403_b.jpg

I think a bus terminal like yorkdale, or richmond hill is just fine for GO terminals, not stuff like this and the 407 terminal where youll have like 50 empty bus bays throughout most of the day/all the time

Anyways i could honestly see only a branch or two of the 21 go bus serve this station, or they could have something like a route 23, keeping it consistent with they’re secondary train bus meet routes (see 31 and 33 for that)

Last edited:
I think a bus terminal like yorkdale, or richmond hill is just fine for GO terminals, not stuff like this and the 407 terminal where youll have like 50 empty bus bays throughout most of the day/all the time

Anyways i could honestly see only a branch or two of the 21 go bus serve this station, or they could have something like a route 23, keeping it consistent with they’re secondary train bus meet routes (see 31 and 33 for that)
Since Mississauga is using 10 of the 14 bus bays, it will not be as empty as you think. Once GO Buses start running there and depending on the schedules for them, there will be buses there at all hours of the day.

With the COVID-19 Mess, service has been cut back on a fair number of Mississauga routes to a point a bus or 2 have been removed from the routes and headway has increase. This was never in the cards from day one.

At least Mississauga will have more space for layovers than they have at Islington.

The 407 terminal is a joke at Hurontario and over kill at this time for the subway.

Since Mississauga is using 10 of the 14 bus bays, it will not be as empty as you think. Once GO Buses start running there and depending on the schedules for them, there will be buses there at all hours of the day.

With the COVID-19 Mess, service has been cut back on a fair number of Mississauga routes to a point a bus or 2 have been removed from the routes and headway has increase. This was never in the cards from day one.

At least Mississauga will have more space for layovers than they have at Islington.

The 407 terminal is a joke at Hurontario and over kill at this time for the subway.
Oh yeah for a second i forgot we’re migrating miway buses from islington to Kipling. And yes i agree on the service cut. Both miway and BT are being stupid for not fully restoring all their routes because ridership has risen tremendously. Think of the 12 go bus, and go train to niagara never came back nor have we got additional buses or trains to service the demand, yeah its that bad in both cities, and if they dont do the full restoration in september, then get ready for delays and negative feedback all over the peel region network.

And are you talking about the hurontario/407 park and ride or the 407 subway station cuz you mentioned hurontario

Oh yeah for a second i forgot we’re migrating miway buses from islington to Kipling. And yes i agree on the service cut. Both miway and BT are being stupid for not fully restoring all their routes because ridership has risen tremendously. Think of the 12 go bus, and go train to niagara never came back nor have we got additional buses or trains to service the demand, yeah its that bad in both cities, and if they dont do the full restoration in september, then get ready for delays and negative feedback all over the peel region network.

And are you talking about the hurontario/407 park and ride or the 407 subway station cuz you mentioned hurontario
Yes for 407 as the parking lot is hardly used

Yes for 407 as the parking lot is hardly used
I still dont know which terminal but either way both of them are completely empty parking lots. One is overshadowed by the brampton gateway/shoppers world terminal and the other is a overbuilt subway station with no development lands in sight, so its a deadzone at night (with the exception of the hourly 24h night service on miway 17 and go 40 respectively, but that doesnt matter)

I still dont know which terminal but either way both of them are completely empty parking lots. One is overshadowed by the brampton gateway/shoppers world terminal and the other is a overbuilt subway station with no development lands in sight, so its a deadzone at night (with the exception of the hourly 24h night service on miway 17 and go 40 respectively, but that doesnt matter)
The Hurontario 407 Terminal is south of 407 where Mississauga Route 19/17 and Brampton 2 terminate there. With the building of the LRT, land in the Hydro corridor is been protected for the 407 Transitway and a new station/terminal for it. At the rate of things taking place for this transitway, we will all be dead before it gets fully or partly built. There is to be office development south of the 407 to Derry Rd, but low rise so far what has been built.

The most I have seen park at Hurontario has been 3 cars for 50(?) spaces.

The Hurontario 407 Terminal is south of 407 where Mississauga Route 19/17 and Brampton 2 terminate there. With the building of the LRT, land in the Hydro corridor is been protected for the 407 Transitway and a new station/terminal for it. At the rate of things taking place for this transitway, we will all be dead before it gets fully or partly built. There is to be office development south of the 407 to Derry Rd, but low rise so far what has been built.

The most I have seen park at Hurontario has been 3 cars for 50(?) spaces.
Yeah and i know exactly why that is the case. The park and ride gets served by 7 routes, yet only 3 of them gets 7 days a week service. There’s the go bus 33,48 and 25F, which all does not get weekend service. Then there is miway 17 Hurontario and 51 Kennedy, and best believe that no one is headed all the way to the park and ride unless catching one of these go buses on weekdays, and lets be real, everyone is mostly on the 103 or zum 502 headed actually into brampton on one bus. Then there is Brampton’s 2 and 6 which both mainly gets their ridership initially started on Derry or Steeles. Maybe there should be a go route that goes from here to the kipling hub 7 days a week and maybe then we will see some cars because it brings them straight into toronto and the subway

This project is looking great. The distance to the subway station is still a big issue to me though, It's quite a haul for the transfer.

Yeah and i know exactly why that is the case. The park and ride gets served by 7 routes, yet only 3 of them gets 7 days a week service. There’s the go bus 33,48 and 25F, which all does not get weekend service. Then there is miway 17 Hurontario and 51 Kennedy, and best believe that no one is headed all the way to the park and ride unless catching one of these go buses on weekdays, and lets be real, everyone is mostly on the 103 or zum 502 headed actually into brampton on one bus. Then there is Brampton’s 2 and 6 which both mainly gets their ridership initially started on Derry or Steeles. Maybe there should be a go route that goes from here to the kipling hub 7 days a week and maybe then we will see some cars because it brings them straight into toronto and the subway
The plan I know of calls for X route to service Kipling to/from Toronto by Kipling Ave 7 days a week, but will it happen and when is unknown. Someone else with more inside GO info can speak to this and they may not have any real update based on the COVID-19 mess. What GO routes will service Kipling is unknown to me and leave it to others to tells us what they are.

There was talks almost a decade ago of having an YRT route going to Kipling, but never follow it to see if it will happen as well other GO service since I don't follow those bus service in the first place.

This project is looking great. The distance to the subway station is still a big issue to me though, It's quite a haul for the transfer.
You need to add about 5 minute plus extra travel time to/from the Hub, as well using more stairs. At least the Hub will be accessibly from/to buses, GO, TTC as well walk-ins.

The plan I know of calls for X route to service Kipling to/from Toronto by Kipling Ave 7 days a week, but will it happen and when is unknown. Someone else with more inside GO info can speak to this and they may not have any real update based on the COVID-19 mess. What GO routes will service Kipling is unknown to me and leave it to others to tells us what they are.

There was talks almost a decade ago of having an YRT route going to Kipling, but never follow it to see if it will happen as well other GO service since I don't follow those bus service in the first place.
Why would YRT go to kipling that’s way too far into toronto unless it’s something like viva orange heading on the 427 down or a new viva route somewhere but even then idk what the point of that is when go is more capable and suitable to service this. I’d truly see something like the 38 go bus that serves bolton-malton get extended to kipling before i see this happen

Back