Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

From the pic, I am guessing 4 levels of parking. It looks like they have 3 so far at the East end and judging from the pillars in the middle, and the height to the street, there is 1 more level on the east, 3 more for the middle, and I guess then they will start on the West end, presumably with another couple of cranes.

Can anyone post some update pictures?? I am away for the month. Feel kind of out of the loop! Any updates would be greatly appreciated :)

No pictures sorry but there is now a 4th crane over the West building. The East building has I believe 3 of 4 parking levels built and they are working I think on level 1 parking for building 2.
I noticed it from the QEW on the weekend.
Perhaps those who live nearby can snap a picture to update.

March 01-11:
5490337749_36c4862a5f_b.jpg

5490933672_0979477579_b.jpg

5490339769_594fda90ef_b.jpg

5490936100_17b4c1e5f6_b.jpg

5490938108_96b90abb7a_b.jpg

^^
Yes, the Tower is under construction. Apparently there were some delays because they are going to lower the tracks just North of it and construction had to proceed a bit slower because of technical difficulties. Construction should resume shortly.

Wow, the eastern part is nearly at grade already. This project has really flown under the radar - actually most projects in LV seem to. I guess I shouldn't really be surprised since the architecture in LV is consistently bad.

Wow, the eastern part is nearly at grade already. This project has really flown under the radar - actually most projects in LV seem to. I guess I shouldn't really be surprised since the architecture in LV is consistently bad.

Bad or not, people that invested in here made a killng. And for a lot of people that's all that matters when it comes to real estate and condos. Units in the reseale market and and sell very quickly, so it can't be that bad, now can it?

I understand the development is over 90% sold now. Sales office is closing end of March supposedly. I guess they will sell the rest without an office or when closer to built.
It remains to be seen if we will make a "killing" when the condos are ready. For those of us investors or personal use, we just wish to have reasonable revenue. The actual value increase if it occurs is a bonus but if not selling, not really very relevant.
My understanding is there are a fair number of end users in the building as well as investors if the sales office is to be believed. Not sure what percentage this is to represent. Alot of younger 20-30's crowd want to live in Liberty Village and that is what makes it not only a good investment but desirable. Not sure that anyone is making more or less in Liberty on a percentage basis than elsewhere in the core on average for product bought at the same time

This thread has been quiet and thought i'd bring it back to life...anyways looks like they have reached ground-level.:cool:

Kingwestcondos.jpg

TMG Builders continues construction on King West condos in Toronto

Construction manager TMG Builders along with Plazacorp Properties Ltd. began the three-tower project with four levels of underground parking in winter 2010. Completion is scheduled for mid 2012. The project includes one 25-storey tower, two 23-storey towers with a total of 1177-units and townhomes in a three-level podium. The project was designed by Quadrangle Architects Ltd./Gabriel Bodor Architect Inc. Structural consultant is Jablonsky Ast & Partners and mechanical/electrical consultant is Concord Consultants Ltd.

http://dcnonl.com/article/id44772

not sure how recent that pic is but i passed by last week and the first tower is a few levels up now while other 2 are still around ground level.

Back