Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

While I don't like the project and think it's too bulky, I will be happy if they start construction and have it complete by the middle of 2013 so it'll be done. I'll be able to watch the whole thing unfold from my condo in Liberty Towers and luckily it's not as tall so no one will block my view!

Simuls, hopefully you can snap a few construction update pictures along the way! What floor is your place going to be on ?

While I don't like the project and think it's too bulky, I will be happy if they start construction and have it complete by the middle of 2013 so it'll be done. I'll be able to watch the whole thing unfold from my condo in Liberty Towers and luckily it's not as tall so no one will block my view!

I can't wait for ground breaking. This project has caused so many hairs to fall out of my head!! Stressing out whether or not it's going to be built. I will be able to rest easy once they put a shovel in the ground :)

I agree with the breaking ground part. I wouldn't put too much weight on what the sales staff tell you, I have heard quite a number of things that were not valid such as they were starting construction last year and they did not require bank financing (yes straight from the sales reps mouths). Given the false information provided I would wait until a machine actually starts digging the hole before getting too excited.

I am not sure if you all remember but several people were quite excited last year as we through ground was breaking then....

Scaled Model

It appears the scaled model of this massive complex has not been posted to date ... so here it is ~ :eek:

Northwest View
Click to Enlarge

Southeast View

Southwest View of KWL3

Rooftop Architectural Feature

West + East Garden Courtyard

An excavator is now (as of Wednesday evening) on site at the King West Life property. It appeared to be all by itself, so it may be just being delivered, the first part of a staged arrival of equipment, not the actual start of construction itself. Even if so, hopefully the actual start on this project would be soon.

AHK

Wouldn't it be nicer if the terraces faced south to the lake and sun? Or am I misreading the design?

like West Harbour City, King West Life's terracing is on the north side of the building (looking towards Liberty Village Park?) ... I suppose that is to make units on both the north and south sides attractive ... south facing = lake views, whereas north facing = terrace suites ... hence a win-win for Plazacorp on all suite exposures

The stepping down on the north side is also to avoid overwhelming Liberty Street.

That's not a reason to not have terraces on the south side as well, however.

Yeah, when I said "avoid overwhelming Liberty Street", I should have included "even more" on the end.

Well they finally put a shovel in the ground! Here's the first construction picture I took from my friends balcony at Zip. I wonder how far off the June 2013 occupancy will be. Any thoughts anyone?

Attachments

• kwl1.jpg
    kwl1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 240

Back