Kitchener King Victoria Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | WZMH

This took another step forward with last remaining land purchase for full site approved by council.

IMG_6860.jpeg

IMG_6859.jpeg

I don't get it.
The lot that was just bought [ at Duke and Victoria] is a long way east of the proposed new terminal. It sits between the current GO-VIA station and the proposed new one.
Why is this land listed as being part of the new terminal? Or is it simply some kind of density upzone or somesuch?

I don't get it.
The lot that was just bought [ at Duke and Victoria] is a long way east of the proposed new terminal. It sits between the current GO-VIA station and the proposed new one.
Why is this land listed as being part of the new terminal? Or is it simply some kind of density upzone or somesuch?
My understanding is that the property at the corner of Weber & Victoria was intended to be used for construction staging and as a parking lot. But since the courts ruled that the homeless encampment couldn't be forcefully evicted, the Region needed to buy this property instead to advance this project.

See page 4:

Could they have used this money to house these people instead? Who knows... But as a KW resident, I'm very happy to see this project finally move forward.

My understanding is that the property at the corner of Weber & Victoria was intended to be used for construction staging and as a parking lot. But since the courts ruled that the homeless encampment couldn't be forcefully evicted, the Region needed to buy this property instead to advance this project.

See page 4:

Could they have used this money to house these people instead? Who knows... But as a KW resident, I'm very happy to see this project finally move forward.
Ah.
Thanks!

Back