Toronto King Portland Centre and Kingly Condos | 57.6m | 15s | Allied | Hariri Pontarini

Pics taken Dec 21, 2018

fullsizeoutput_1ec5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1ec6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1ecb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1ecc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1ecd.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1ece.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1ed0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1ed1.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1ed3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1ed4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1ed5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1ed6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1ed7.jpeg

Allied is a blessing to this city. Other developers and architects take note!
As much as I detest it when developers own any large swath of land in a single area, sometimes I wish Allied could just buy up all of King West.

I really detest that precast brick but the hand-laid face brick for the first couple storeys is beautiful, especially those arch details. Lovely!

Pontarinis did a great job at designing this thing and then Allied and RioCan did a great job at implementing the quality.

Just out of curiosity, have you seen the precast brick in real life, or are you basing your opinion on the photos?

I've seen it in person multiple times. It is not a real substitute for real brick, it lacks the inherent material qualities of laid brick and it won't age well when the veneer begins to pop off in the future.

Pontarinis did a great job at designing this thing and then Allied and RioCan did a great job at implementing the quality.
As part of the neighbourhood association that first saw this design many years ago in its infancy, all I can say is that David and the crew at HPA pulled it off. Too bad HPA decided to move out of our neighbourhood to Leslieville. Kudos to Allied for championing good design.

The first floor restaurant we hope will provide as good as food as the space it is occupies.

HPA's offices used to actually be on this very site, in the building next door that was renovated as a part of the project..

Back