Toronto King East Centre | 140m | 39s | First Gulf | WZMH

I have mixed feelings about National Bank opening a branch there.

I have an ING account and they share the ATM network with National Bank. This does fill a huge hole as they have no ATM east of Yonge until around Pape. This will be my goto ATM now. The only other way to deposit cash in the account is by EFT transfer which takes a week to clear.

On the other hand banks make for crappy street life. Even with the trend of opening on Saturday and Sunday they are still closed far more than they are open. There's also really nothing interesting to look at when you walk past a bank.

Last edited:
`
333wall.jpg

My understanding was this was purely a proposal / future development and was never actively being perused at the momentum.

If you go to the site and click office / retail space it's actually referring to the old building where sun consolidated i.e. not the proposed building above.

The permit application is now in for the extra 3 floors at King and Princess:

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 3X5

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 234821 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jul 8, 2011

Project: Office Addition(s)

Description: Proposal to construct an additional 3 floors over existing 3 storey office building. Only shell to be constructed, interior permits to be applied for at a later date.

Any one, have any info, re LCBO opening date.
I'm so very thirsy for a closer place to buy libations.

What's all this about? One would have thought they would have sorted out all the ROW (Right of Way Management) (driveway?) issues by now.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 3X5

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 239865 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jul 18, 2011

Project: Non-Residential Building Other Proposal

Description: Request for comments from Transportation Services (ROW Management)

Any one, have any info, re LCBO opening date.
I'm so very thirsy for a closer place to buy libations.

They are still working on the bones of the inside so I doubt you (or I) will see it open much before November - you will just have to walk to Front and Market Street. I suspect they will have the Sun LCBO opened before the Market/Front one closes (and the temporary Market Street one opens). The current Front Street store is closing while they fix up and expand into the top floor of the Market Street building immediately south of it. When it reopens the Front/Market LCBO will still have entrance on Front but will stretch almost all down Market Street. Then the space on ground level of Market Street will become cafes and restaurants and Market Street will be tidied up. There is another thread on this project.

Today they were removing the windowing on the North-west corner of the building, which is the South-East corner of King and Princess, and probably the most attractive retail space for the King Street frontage of the building.

Not sure if they are just opening it up for further interior/exterior construction, but I imagine at some point, there will be a retail entrance added at the corner. Or maybe it will serve as entrance point/lobby for the additional building space of office space on top?

Was hoping for some sort of coffee shop here, no indication if the unit has been leased.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=333+ki...=h&z=17&vpsrc=0&panoid=rQmeerkMAdct0OIXd9siSw

Last edited:
Was hoping for some sort of coffee shop here, no indication if the unit has been leased.

There are rumours in the nabe that there will be a Starbucks on King Street side but nothing definite I think.

There are two, 2 blocks away. But yeah, Starbucks would still do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
-Seems to be a lot of activity in the north west corner unit. They did add the door entrance to the corner, and replaced the blue tinted glass with new clear-greyish glass. I wonder if it's been tenanted?

-Some framing (for an entrance?) also went up on the Front St frontage where the the LCBO and bank will be.

As per the Starbucks rumour, read a few posts back, I was speculating that it would be nice to have one there. (hope that isn't the rumour, lol).

Just walked past - that corner unit looks too big for a Starbucks.

I'm surprised they haven't taken the opportunity to eliminate all those crevices near the northwest corner of the building where people urinate.

Back