Toronto King Blue by Greenland | 155.75m | 48s | Greenland | Arcadis

355 King 1.jpg
355 King 2.jpg

What makes this project so painfully disappointing is what could have been. These two previous tower proposals were far superior to the current one, and in and of themselves very unique and exciting designs. Both were on the verge of being iconic and what the city needs more of. Instead we end up with this boring uninspired design. B for the podium, F- for the towers.:(

Attachments

• 355 King 2.jpg
    355 King 2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 601
  • 355 King.jpg
    355 King.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 410
  • 355 King 1.jpg
    355 King 1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:
Agreed. City planners should be choosing what improvements owners can make to their properties. This includes height (minimum 75 storeys) and the architect. Even better, let's just turn over all privately held assets to public hands.

Point being that city planning does not get into the nitty gritty of the architecture.

9 February 2013: Has this project gone cold?[

When there is a shoring machine clearly visible in the background (just to the right of the King Blue marketing sign), and when walking along Mercer, the tops of the steel 'I' beams are visible along the south property line, this seems to be a strange question to ask.

Unless of course, one is referring to the weather....

Last edited:
When there is a shoring machine clearly visible in the background, and when walking along Mercer, the tops of the steel 'I' beams are visible along the south property line, this seems to be a strange question to ask.

Unless of course, one is referring to the weather....

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the shoring machine on a different lot for a separate project?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the shoring machine on a different lot for a separate project?

From the very first post in this thread - on Mercer, the King Blue property extends on the south-east to the St. Germain Hotel, including the area where the shoring machine is located, and where the 'I' beams are located.

1234.jpg

Doubt it probably just samples or something along those lines. Does it even have full approval yet ?

Much as I generally dislike this project, it does meet the street rather well and it will be nice to be rid of another expansive parking lot in very strategic location. The towers, however, do nothing but further affirm Toronto's architectural blandocrity.

This banal stuff is a result of low interest rates and lots of buyers, foreign and local. Why would a major constructor put more into a building than they have to when it will sell anyway.
Toronto has an envious construction boom, but in 10 years when we all look back, we will wonder what the hell happened. The only saving grace may be Mirvish/ Gehry, Oxford and maybe
One Yonge amongst others.I hope the negative attitude from a lot of the posters on this site regarding these major projects is not a reflection of the overall attitude of the general public.
It won't be a pretty sight if the naysayers get their way. Start embracing change and growth, and growing up, and leave Hogtown in the past. The rest of the country hates TO, but it's
obvious we all have a passion for what happens in this great city.

Back