Toronto James Cooper Mansion | ?m | 32s | Tridel | Burka

I hope this project spurs development of all those run-down, abandoned houses across the street. That kind of neglect is very unusual for Toronto. How can property so valuable, in a city that needs more housing, just sit empty for years? It's baffling!

I hope this project spurs development of all those run-down, abandoned houses across the street. That kind of neglect is very unusual for Toronto. How can property so valuable, in a city that needs more housing, just sit empty for years? It's baffling!

There is a whole thread on these sad houses at http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=6379&page=2&highlight=Glen+Road but it's not baffling, only another greedy developer waiting to see them collapse so he (or she) can build on the ruins!

4225809385_1c64d6b97b_b.jpg

There's some precast up on the bottom of the tower now. The sun was setting when I saw it but it looked pretty innocuous.

Feb 21st Update

Front, sides and from behind.
That's a huge garbage bag that they have the mansion wrapped up in.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

<insert> joke about Christo
<insert> joke about how our garbage men won't take away our extra newspapers let alone this

thanks for the photo update on this one! I think now that its gaining some height and spring will soon be here that interest will pick up on this one again...

thanks for the photo update on this one! I think now that its gaining some height and spring will soon be here that interest will pick up on this one again...

I agree, this building will be a sleeper. Very nice. Hopefully they fix up the area a bit. Looks like that's already happening.

James Cooper Mansion from the 12th Floor

The tower is now at 12 storeys. Here are four shots taken from the top slab, February 23, 2010.

North

20100223-12fl-north.jpg

East - Intersection of Howard and Bleecker St.

20100223-12fl-east.jpg

South Tridel's Verve tower and lofts just right of center.

20100223-12fl-south.jpg

West Rogers building

20100223-12fl-west.jpg

Great pics, TWM, thank you! That's a killer south view, especially......

Back