Toronto Jack Layton Ferry Terminal and Harbour Square Park | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

@PL1 @irishboy @Dan416

Until 1962 the Ferries were run by the TTC.

At that time control was shifted to then Metro Parks.

Time to un-do that move. Not that the TTC has been an exemplar of good management in the post Byford years..........but Parks has problems on another level.
Imagine how much faster and more efficient it would be if you could just tap your Presto card. That would be fantastic. Of course there is still the issue of limited capacity of the ferries, but just from a customer service perspective it would be a huge improvement.

Imagine how much faster and more efficient it would be if you could just tap your Presto card. That would be fantastic. Of course there is still the issue of limited capacity of the ferries, but just from a customer service perspective it would be a huge improvement.

Worth adding, many agencies other than TTC use Presto and there is no reason Parks couldn't adopt it as well, even if they keep control of the ferries, though someone would have to offset any revenue loss from Mx getting their cut and/or a lower fare.

Last edited:
during the Queen's Quay revitalization from a few years back there were a couple items that never made it to the final design. now that we are redeisgning the ferry terminal, i wondered (hoped) they could be brought back. the ferry terminal is going to look amazing so i think its important to continue that high quality design aesthetic is kept up everywhere or it will look unfinished

1. There was to be a Totem pole sign post at the ferry enterance, which provded wayfinding and looked fabulous. i'd love to see this brought back

2. please, please, lets add grass to the streetcar tracks. i understand this was part of the oringinal plan. lets bring it back if possible!

Back